1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson should be starting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Nov 22, 2015.

1. mockster

mockster Member

I get it he's played some bad games but I think limiting his minutes isn't accomplishing anything. This is one thing I agree with Mchale on is lawson playing big minutes

I've noticed the past two games of simple plays that shows he's a grat player maker. In the Grizzlies game he hit that 3rd quater buzzer beater. In the Knicks games he made several good passes including one harsen couldn't score on underneath the basket.

We've seen what he can do in the thunder game where he practically saved the game with 15 points and 11 assist

He's having a hard time geling and limiting his minute isn't helping. It's not like we're getting big production from terry.

They need to let ty get the feel more and grind it out.

He doesn't suck and we've seen that in the Thunder game and last season. We've all seen great plays from ty this season but he's been hesitant and nervous. We need to get him comfortable and this coach has no idea, which is why mchale would have been a better long term opition for our teams success.

Ty's talent is their we just need to make it work, you can't substotite the plays he makes

2. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

Pointless, harden demands the ball more. And if Ty has the ball, harden will just stands there like an idiot.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lawson is not playing like a rotation caliber player right now.

He isn't even handling the ball when Harden isn't in the game.

He should be starting, and he would be if he played the same way he did last year. Obviously he isn't going to get as many touches as he did last year, but he should be still making the same plays with the touches he has.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Have you seen him play this year???

He has been horrible. Maybe distracted by his court case? Maybe just can't fit in? Maybe the decline over the lasr 3 years just took the next step?

He shouldn't even get on the court.... give him a 5 minute stint in the 2nd q and see if he finds anything, otherwise play Terry Bev and Thornton

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lawson shouldn't be playing, much less starting.

6. mockster

mockster Member

I've seen him play yes but what about the thunder game. Who does that and just sucks?.

We've all seen amazing plays from him in stints

We have to make him work and he can. We've already seen it in a couple games

7. mockster

mockster Member

That's the problem with rockets fans

"what have you done for me latley" attitude.

Yes he has not been playing well but that's beyond the point

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Corey Brewer had a 50+ pt game...

its just one game.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lawson is a bust.

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Lawson isn't the problem it's the system

11. basketballholic

Lawson should be starting and running the starting unit.

Bickerstaff has NOTHING TO LOSE in making this happen and EVERYTHING TO GAIN.

We're not going to win a championship with Harden being so ball dominant. He turns the ball over too much and we're too easy to defend in crunch time because everybody knows he's going to go.

12. krouchchocolate

It seems like our system is really similar to the cavs. I always see lebron handle the ball

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Basically. Even JB seems over him at this point.

14. shlhl

shlhl Member

It is funny but not funny. It is the system not the player. It is the player and the system. I will say that he should not start. Bev should start even he shouldn't. (Not much choice here ) Lawson is lost (Hope he is at least sober at court)

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm not sure if he should gets minutes when Beverley comes back. Him and Brewer should be benched.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lawson should not be starting. Bev, when healthy, should always start.

17. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

Agree that Ty should be starting and run the point. I have been watching him and when he is running the showed he did create open shots for other players including Harden. It is just our shots are not falling and that is why it did not showed up on the stat. He does make some turnover and shooting poorly at time but it probably due to unfamilarity with the other players and also he is being tentative. I think he is deferring to Harden too much and that is why he is tentative. Instead of running the plays like a true point guard that he is, Lawson standing around and watch Harden iso's. He is most effective when he run the shows.
    He has prove over the years that he can create for other and I think he is being misuse here. What we doing is not working so I think the Rockets should let Ty run the point and tell him to do what he do best. We bring him here for his point guard skills and we should at least let him be a true point guard and see if it work out. Harden will still get his shots in the flow of the offense and he also have more energy to play more on the defensive side. But more importantly other players will get involve more in the offense instead of stand there and watch .

18. anchel

anchel Member

Agree with OP

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree start him. Rockets are losing anyway. At least Ty Lawson has the potential to do something well.

Coach Harden to do something else after he passes the damn ball. The play isn't over Harden.

Coach Ty to do something besides giving the ball to Harden after he crosses half court. Or when he does pass Harden the ball, do something besides stand in the corner.

These guys get payed to play basketball, how come no one knows how to play basketball?

20. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I agree. He has been playing bad but you cant give up on him. He is to good of a player