1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson: DNP COACH'S DECISION

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Nov 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Chamillionaire

But he can shoot and doesn't turn the ball over. Maybe a better fit next to James. I don't believe he's on the block as of yet anyways.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

well tonight he turned the ball over like 4 times in 4th quarter/OT which was a big reason for the Rockets comeback. Generally his assist/turnover ratio is good though and he's a solid shooter so I can see the fit. Their were actually a few possessions in a row Harden went 1 on 1 against him and lost every time..they may have more to do with Harden though.

3. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes: This guys posts were posted already three times here this year always with the same "dont know who this guy is .but he has espn on his bio etc etc " and EVERY time he was proved wrong and making things up. Stop quoting him and stop following him. He is a hack.

He is 100% on the block for a while now and noone wants him. He is old and his contract is very long.

4. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Ty Lawson

Ty Lawson needs to be integrated on this team or traded. A DNP for him is nonsense.

We cannot depend on Harden to handle the ball most of the time. He is often a version of the Bermuda Triangle:

He gets the ball and it sinks into a black hole for which no other teammate will ever see it again.

5. ibm

ibm Member

lawson + dwight for porzingis! get it done at any cost morey! convince matt barnes to give up his wife to fisher so fisher gives it a go...

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think people are getting him and Arash Markazi, who is legit, confused.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

A good system gets the best out of all their players and the Rockets are not doing that.

Yes, this falls on Lawson some but at the same time, you have to put your players in a position to succeed.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

QFT

He's a "social media intern." Which doesn't mean he has sources, but it does mean he knows how to use twitter to get hits.

stop quoting hacks, suckers

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Calderon is a career .411 three-point shooter. . . .

10. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets won't be going anywhere without Lawson. I suspect that Bickerstaff is trying to get the fundamentals down before even trying to integrate Lawson into the offense.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, people just don't see every single post that is made on Clutchfans because they have other ____ to do.

12. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

This. The idea was that we were bringing in a new PG to a winning team. Well we had to find the "winning team" first. That's why we're seeing Pat Beverly so much is because he is (regardless how other people think of him) a huge part of who we have been the past couple of seasons. I don't want to prematurely give up on Ty. I feel if we can use Ty like OKC used Harden off the bench in their run to the finals, we'd have a legit chance at contending.

13. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

This coaching staff is so bad.. you have a legit starting PG and you are still struggling to integrate him into the team with training camp and a month now.. sacks of **** coaching

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

First of all, it's your loss bro. I subscribe to every thread on this forum so I receive an email every time anyone posts. It's the best. I lost my job, my wife left me, and my dogs died of starvation... but, I'm the first to know when Jontro posts about his bathroom habits.

Second, I've never seen anyone post that particular guy's tweets on here or anywhere else ever before. So that, plus him having a similar name to Arash Markazi... that's what lead to my post. As a rule, I don't believe random tweeters. So yes, while I do live and breathe CF, that's not the reason I was dismissive of that one guy's tweet.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No team is going to get anywhere with Lawson driving the bus anyway.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I was responding more to the others any ways though lol

I've never seen it around here either, never heard of the guy but I think there is a real possibility that Ty's on the block. I just posted it out of curiosity any ways.

I put no stock in them working him into the offense because the best way to do that is to get him some minutes. Getting DNPs doesn't help him get into the offense and if he continues to collect them then to me it's clear he's on the block.

I just hope if they are getting rid of Lawson they are shipping out Jones/Brewer with him.

17. chandlerbang21

Team option next year. He should walk

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Lawson has been abysmal, there is now other way to put it, but if the Rockets/Lawson (equally at fault) can't find a way to get him back to playing like he has played in the past, this team is first round fodder at best.

Terry is a trainwreck defensively, and neither him nor Bev can create for teammates. That duo simply isn't good enough.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Put yourself in Lawson shoe. Addicted to alcohol and is probably on some program to not touch a single drop. Waiting for sentencing on Jan 14th, which could be anything from probation to 180 days in jail.

I have no insight into how he's doing with his treatment or if he's even currently in one, but those are some serious things going on in his personal life. For some, BB take your mind off things and keep you focus. But when it comes to alcohol addiction, even if it's under some control, it's always there nagging in the back of your head. The potential of jail time isn't going to help a bit with keeping him away from alcohol.

I wonder if it's just too much on him. Pressure to perform on the court, to stay away from alcohol, to stay positive and cope with any negative emotion (how can anyone not have some with potential jail time) in a positive way. Extremely hard for someone who's probably used to using alcohol to cope with stress.

I think he's lost and probably very down. He needs lot of support and hopefully can right himself. But as far as BB goes, until he's there, he's should stay on the bench. Putting him out that to fail as he have isn't a help either, for the Rockets or himself.