1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honestly T-Mac should not be Traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Illmatic, May 12, 2008.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Before this season started, i was all over the net looking for any news concerning the Rockets deciding to trade TMAC, i followed and supported each article Blinebury wrote bashing T-Mac. But unfortunately he was not traded. As soon as this season was over, i started posting all over the forum is anger calling for T-Mac's head.

I had the opportunity to get on youtube and look at some of tmac's video, one of them which is posted below got to me. There are less than 10 players in the NBA today that can do what Tracy can do. If T-Mac was in his Orlando Magic prime, he would have carried this year's Rocket's Roster pass Utah by himself

But in as much as you want to trade T-Mac, know that he is no longer young, and in his "hey days" was a better player than Lebron is now.

I believe we are only a few pieces from serious contention, and none of them involves trading T-Mac or Yao.

If Yao can stay healthy for a whole season plus playoffs, we can and will win it all. The 2 positions that need to be addressed to get us out of this binge is SF and pg- both replacements at these positions should be able to create their own shot.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A9qHL7lvrlY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A9qHL7lvrlY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. MacFu

MacFu Member

How do I rate a thread 10 stars?

3. abita

abita Member

keep both and limit both play time at 30-32 minutes per game :)

4. sook

sook Rookie

Dude you are dead on target....no tmac this year would = no playoffs at all.

What makes me feel even worse is all the blame he gets...he has ALWAYS been on the underdog team ALWAYS and its always TMAC vs Jazz or TMAC vs pistons its never a team effort, and if it is a win they call it a team effort. Possibly the most badgered player today

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

:confused:
    You wanted the guy traded and then changed your mind after watching highlite videos?

Umm.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

T-Mac is a great player and we definitely shouldn't trade him. Give the man some help please.

Heck, we could start with just the whole team being healthy. That would help alot.

7. sook

sook Rookie

I think he meant that it reinforced his opinion, i mean...who doesn't like insane dunks with motage music? :cool:

8. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

I wanted him traded in anger, disgust or typical fan ***** fits, but then i revisited what he can do. I knew what he can do even before he came here, but it seemed as if he could not continue his top performance here and was inconsistent, but regardless, few NBA allstars will actually possess the abilities of TMac in their repertoire ever.

If T-Mac can get an able back up, then he wouldnt have to complain about fatigue, because believe me, while some people make the argument that with his salary- he should never get tired. We all forget he is human.
    -So problem number one is by getting an able SF who can also back him up at SG, leading to less wear and tear for TMac because he is not as young as we all think it is.

Second is retire Mutombo or let him sign with another team. While he comes to us for cheap, he brings nothing offensively, and is the reason that Yao has to play all those mins and the closest thing we have to backup other than him is Chuck Hayes. So a backup center will do too

3rd- either bring Rafer off the bench or trade him. I still believe we can not win a championship or go far with Rafer manning the point simply because the pg has become the most important position with the new trend in the NBA now and Rafer is over manned every night. But he can be an able backup

9. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Oh God, what trading?

There has never been any trading discussion regarding trading your key player.

Please stop this nonsense and btw I think that McGrady doesn't play so bad in Houston comparing him to O days, he just plays team ball, intelligent ball ,after all he was alone in the Magic city, not here.

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

i only would trade tmac if a great offer was there, which is unlikely.

but, mainly, people do agree he was worth the money pre 2005, but not anymore. he makes more money than yao, and he is not playing like a 20 million DOMINANT superstar anymore. that is the problem.

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm not saying Rafer shouldn't be upgraded, but you do realize that a Rafer-at-PG team has won 50 games every season so far (minus the no-TMac season)? Can't be overmanned every night if you are winning 50+ games a season vs. the West and actually having series in the playoffs that go 6 or 7 games.

My point being, we have issues on the squad obviously, but Rafer is one of the lesser issues. Our record without Rafer this past season is a pretty good indication of our issues.

At the end of the day though, I think your suggestions are really about just getting some more bench production. get an upgrade at PG means Rafer is our backup PG, which is a better bench already. Backup C, as you said and a backup to Tracy.

In order of what *I* think it needed personnel-wise:

backup C
    backup SF/SG
    new starting or hope Brooks/Francis shows us something next season

12. sook

sook Rookie

Neither is Finley or the other stars you see. Mark my words, Lebron is going to decline in just a bit. He has already complained of back problems mainly due to his back breaking dunks. Most players are hardly worth what they are paid their entire contract. :p

13. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

This thread is fresh and original. :p

14. rocket3forlife2

give the dude who made that video some kind of reward.

15. liberty

liberty Member

The only problem is how can we get the real pieces to help without money? Also still want to keep Laundry with only hundreds thousand dollars?

16. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

T-Mac and Yao are 2 of the most frustrating stars to follow. T-Mac gets to me the most. I keep saying we need to trade him, but the truth is we can't get even half of his talent in return. I say we just spend the next 2 years of his contract to see what can happen. Maybe when his contract is over, he will stay in Houston for cheap so we can get another star. He will only be what? 31?

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you're right. these 2 stars are so frustrating to follow. injuries are the #1 thing for sure.

secondly, tmac paces a lot during the reg. season and does not try as hard as he should (ala the playoffs). and that gets to me and a lot of fans on here.

yao just has a lot of weaknesses that make him a liability at times and he has never fulfilled that superstar potential that we know he can be.

o well, keep believing.

18. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

All of you are right but the only fans that are not frustrated at the end of each year are the fans of the championship team. Also, the further you go in the playoffs and fail, the bigger the frustrations of the fans are.

I agree with the above poster about waiting for his contract to be over.
    We would not get equal talent if we trade him, and we are very close to a championship with this current squad, we are just lacking a few tweaks here and there and a miracle from God concerning injuries

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He gets one more year
    after that . . .. . 20 MILLION DOLLAR EXPIRING CONTRACT, BAY-BEE!!!!
    Should net something good

Rocket River

20. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

Who would make this trade?

Houston trades Tracy McGrady and Chuck Hayes
    Bucks trades Michael Redd and Desmond Mason

Is this fair in the eyes of Houston fans?