1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Hakeem-like ....Power....athleticism....explosiveness..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 24, 2014.

1. basketballholic

In other news, the Miami Heat inked the 9'6" standing reach that is Hassan Whiteside to a minimum salary deal yesterday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RtEyF4ym_Q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4n_eqxDdSdw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#41 basketballholic, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah. Dorsey must remind him of Greece.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So what about Hassan Whiteside? What has he accomplished in the NBA since getting drafted in 2010? Maybe he is more than a scrub but he's had plenty of opportunities to show it and has not yet.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wasn't it DD that was really high on whiteside, he hasn't done much since getting drafted.

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

T-Mac did the same thing once.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Mexico City. Two missed dunks. Laugh it up, Howard.

7. basketballholic

Whiteside has done nothing in the NBA since getting drafted in 2010. But then again Joey Dorsey has done nothing in the NBA since getting drafted in 2008!

The difference is Whiteside is 7 feet tall with a standing reach of 9'6". Dorsey is 6'8" tall with a standing reach of 8'11" and apparently a max vertical somewhere around 13 inches because he can't even get up the 10'6" needed to throw it down.

You just seen the vid of Whiteside throwing it down. You tell me. Do you actually prefer Dorsey to Whiteside?

I like Morey as much as anybody but I don't understand the Dorsey (and Ish and Adrien) signing. Whiteside has been there for the taking multiple times and Morey jumped on Dorsey like he'd been shot out of a gun this summer. Along with Ish and Adrien. I thought at the time it was waaaaay to early to be going after end of the bench guys. So I felt and still feel that there must've been a massive trade that he thought was going down that somehow unraveled involving a number of our youngsters.

But that still doesn't explain signing Dorsey instead of Whiteside or Haddadi or a few other bigs that were available at the time. We coulda signed Whiteside to a 2-year non-guaranteed deal.

#47 basketballholic, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Hey! That looks like my wife's rims. LOL

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

They probably have some data sets with those two on the court at the same time in that other league and are wanting to use NBA data to formulate better projections of players from that league for scouting. Note to Rockets Basketball Operations: If you use this idea, you should give me a job. :cool: :grin:

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

D-Mo put up 13 and 8 against a sorry ass Knicks team. He usually scores 0 against the good teams) SO I guess he's better than Dorsey after all.

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I thought Adrien was a lock to make the team for sure. He's basically Chuck Hayes with better offense, but is not as good as Chuck defensively.

12. Zbed

Zbed Member

"Ohhh Joey don't hurt yourself."- Bill