1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden burns Chandler Parsons, makes defensive plays to beat Mavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2014.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks - - missed the game, loved these highlights. Love winning. Love beating the Dallas Cubes!!!

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dat handshake with Canaan in the end doe.

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I was waiting for someone to bring this up!

Love the look Harden gives Chandler like: "nice try, super star" :grin:

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Love that sequence

Cubans run DMC missing 4 clutch shots in a row and crucially turning the ball over

superstar harden rolling over unhappy role player for the And 1

Super role player stealing the ball and sinking 2 clutch free throws

And role players happily rallying around the supposedly no D superstar for 5 crucial defensive stops for the win

1 person likes this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the mavs with a late 4th quarter 6 point lead...

[​IMG]

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Don't Make Crap

DMC

I saw the rap video on mavs.com So f'n lame.

Chandler: "left Houston sooooo easily..........."

f-u chandler.

http://www.mavs.com/videos/run-dmc-cant-be-stopped/

7. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

was browsing twitter and a lot of people were saying harden should have been called for charging and also for fouling monta on the next play. i thought it was clearly a blocking foul on parsons and then no foul on monta.. am i just a homer?

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I will not go full homer. The play against Chandler couldve been called a charge although he wasnt set he did anticipate where James was going.

The defensive play against Monta was fukin legit good defense though. He didnt foul him, Monta just got locked down.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Garcia is so freaking worthless. What the F is he doing standing around in the closing seconds allowing Chandler to get that rebound and put up an contested shot. Just standing in no man's land with his head up his ass..reacts like one full second after Chandler touches the ball. The guy is just a complete negative on the court. Please cut him.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Man...**** dallas!

They won one f'n championship...why the hell do they still think they are good? Nodickski is like a 100 years old now. Cuban is still a douche. Parsons joining the city of Dallas is the perfect match.

F'n idiots.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Can one draw a charging foul simply by anticipating where a guy will go and meeting him at the spot? I'm being serious because, based on my understanding of what is and is not a charge, that was 100% a blocking foul on Parsons. He literally slide into Harden at the last possible second with his feet not set.

Agreed on the Monta defense.

If anything, I thought the defense on Dirk's three point attempt could have been whistled as a foul on James only because he seemed to come into Dirk with his body just a little. I liked the call (and would have still agreed with the call had roles been reversed) but I can see how it could be argued the other way.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I do believe you are suppose to be set to draw a charge...BUT i have seen charges called by refs even when the player is clearly sliding so long as he beats the player to the spot/anticipates. I'm just saying it could've been called a charge cuz of the potato refs.

Yea i was almost sure the refs were gonna call a foul on the Dirk attempt.

14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I don't know but based on this line, it seems to me like it was a legitimate call. If the refs had gone the other way though you can't really fault them. Real time decisions are pretty tough. I'm just glad they got this one right (from my perspective at least)

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The idea of getting a charge call because you anticipate that the guy is going to try and score is hilarious. There would be no such thing as defensive body contact fouls in that case.

So you're telling me that it's a 1-on-1, and you anticipate that the guy is going to head towards the basket? Go ahead and slide right in his way! See where it gets you.

Then again it's the NBA. People are so used to ticky-tack phantom fouls that it has warped public perception on what contact is actually allowable.

16. s.b713

s.b713 Member

You can't blame him man, James in the open court is a beast w/ the likes of Lebron IMO in that aspect of his game.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden's Hands up and close up defense on Dirk was making me clap.
    It was the best defense in that situation.
    You not going to block it
    Even a clean swipe would have been called a foul

Text Book!!

outstanding

[​IMG]

Rocket River

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yeah I heard him say that nonsense. Dude also didn't like Howard leaving LA either. So of course he's gonna hate every chance he gets when it's concerning the Rockets.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's all on whoever the ref is on that particular game. I've seen charges being called when player x was falling way before the contact. I've also seen players like Kobe get the Superstar treatment when it was a charge. Shoots our on Superstar James Harden has seen his share of Superstar treatment since being here in Houston.