1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLB Extra Innings Package - Info

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by bobrek, Apr 1, 2002.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There is a free week this week and the Astros are on 4 times. There is an 'early bird' special in which you can get the entire season for $139.00. You can also get 1/2 season for $109. There is another free week in July (after the All-Star break, I believe).

For the month of April, the Astros are on 10 times. 2 of their games that aren't on are against the Braves, so, hopefully, TBS will broadcast.

If you want to see the complete April schedule go to www.indemand.com. If anyone knows of a link to the entire schedule, I'd appreciate the info.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Is this on Dish Network,Direct Tv or what?

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Hmmmmm.....

I just don't know if I'd watch other teams play baseball (which truly is a slower game that you have to know your team/manager well for) as much as I do for the NBA League Pass.

Has anyone gotten this before and what has been your impression?

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks bobrek. Between the free weeks and all the TBS/WGN games I will be able to see (and hopefully the series against the Rangers), I don't think it will be worth it for me to purchase that package.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You should be able to get this via the satellite TV systems (DIsh, directTV, etc.) as well as digital cable.

6. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I get free NHL games for some reason with Time Warner Digital Cable here in Houston. I do actually pay for my NBA League Pass. I'm hoping the MLB package comes free for me too somehow.

I still am wondering why NHL is free for me...

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I tried to catch a game because I heard it was a free trial, but I couldn't get it. :confused: I wouldn't watch baseball other than the 'Stros, if it was basketball I'd actually take advantage of the league pass.

It's not too bad here in Houston. For a supposed bad sports town, we are lucky to get almost all local teams' games televised.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand. I am getting the free week. I can see all the other games that are currently on (and that were on yesterday), but the channel that has the Astros game is blacked out, and I can't manage to find the game on any other channel. Anyone else live in Dallas having the same problem?

#8 RunninRaven, Apr 2, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2002
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Blacked out in Houston too!:confused:

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yeah....Raven....I'm pissed off about that too. I ranted in the hangout. I didn't even know Clutch set up an Astros forum.

It sucks, though. Why shouldn't we get the free preview? There is absolutely no reason to black this game out.

Surf