1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Depth of Chris Broussard's info

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nachobar, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

http://espn.go.com/blog/poynterreview/post/_/id/405/reporter-in-the-eye-of-a-twitter-storm

The guy (Broussard) claims to be the first on about everything NBA.. too bad everyone is able to call his bluffs-- including the Poynter Review (ESPN feature blog).

Good read.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketseagles07

I don't really think anyone takes Broussard's info/analysis serious. I do agree with what he wrote about us a couple weeks ago but that was just one piece. I can't stand him or bucher...

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

A lot of 'scoops' are just GM's and agents using your Pukers and your Broutards of BSPN to manipulate the process.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I think it was last offseason or the year before that when it became obvious he was reporting anything and everything.

He'd always say the situation was 'fluid' to excuse any misses to the point that it became a joke.

I'm sure there are plenty who do the same, but he's on ESPN and thus the more famous among them.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I still don't get it... story breaks, he reaches out to the appropriate rep in question and gets written or verbal confirmation then publishes it. Seems normal.

7. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

That would be just fine if he were doing that, which he doesn't.

Again, in an emailed announcement that is sent out to dozens of reporters, Broussard passed it off as Gordon "told me," which isn't true, in order to enhance his reputation. Then fired off some catty, LeBron-esque, "you guys must have terrible lives" tweet before going on vacation.

Even among ESPN types, he's the worst. Because Stein and Ric Bucher will at least tweet or write, "A source confirms [so and so; usually Woj's]'s report that ..." something just happened. Broussard doesn't even do that.

Marc Stein just tweeted about how "the Clippers announced" the Willie Green trade. Does anyone think less of him for writing that, instead of "a source told me?" Of course not, we respect him and his work regardless. For some reason Broussard has an issue with not being The Guy every time.

#7 KellyDwyer, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012