1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just another reason why I won't watch the NBA All Star Game This Year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jan 29, 2015.

1. what

what Member

I mean, how can you justify having 2 OKC players as all stars and they can't get their team above .500.

You put Tim Duncan as an all star when clearly kawhi leonard is player that makes that team go.

Monta gets snubbed again and for no good reason.

Over in the east, you snub Nikola Vucevic, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, Kemba, Brandon Jennins and Kover for Chris Bosh and Dwade.

I would have removed KD and Westbrook for Monta, Lillard and kawhi leonard, draymond green, not to mention boogie.

This is not even stating the obvious, that the grizzlies, a team who is probably been the best team against the competitive west and east squads get Marc Gasol, and might not have gotten him had he not been voted in as an all star.

the all star game is a joke

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You should consider starting a blog.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Kawhi Leonard has missed so many games.

Tim Duncan is anchoring the defense and is still awesome.

Monta isn't even the best or 2nd best guard snub.

Get better at trolling/knowledge

4. what

what Member

It's lillard right? lol, both monta and lillard and big shot makers in the 4th quarter, and leaving off dallas completely is a smack in the face

5. Mr Chuck Norris

Lol **** Dallas

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

This is a new one.

7. dream2franchise

There'll be snubs every year, there'll be ridiculous exclusions every year. The league is only getting more talented so this will keep happening.

For me, the only unjustifiable snub is Lillard. He should be there in place of Klay in my opinion.

The Pistons only came alive recently as a team, so the players only just started getting recognition. The horrible record they had up until then meant they had no business being in the All-Star game.

Monta should feel snubbed. I think he's had a great season full of brilliant offense and clutch play but the West is just so damn stacked at the guard position and everyone LOVES Klay Thompson. He was always going to make the team.

Westbrook should be in there, KD shouldn't. Not enough games.

I don't think Duncan should be in there, but he's been keeping the Spurs afloat in Kahwi's absense. Not easy to do for a 62 year old. Boogie should probably be there.

I feel bad for Vooch. I like his game. He has a case.

I think the NBA needs to clarify what the All Star game is about. Is it about rewarding team play and winning, or individual brilliance and big names? It would make it much easier on everyone.

Gasol got what he deserved. The starting center spot, not sure what the gripe is. If he wasn't voted in he would have easily made the reserves.

8. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

So you would remove 2 players so you could add on 5?

#math

9. VBG

VBG Member

I would say both Lillard and Conley.

10. what

what Member

Lillard's going to make it. Everybody's on his joke right now. They should rename the nba all star game as nba ball hog game. The only players that can get into that game and NOT ball hog are centers.

Kyrie Irving's an all star? My ass. The guy is terrible. But he has numbers and that's all that matters.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You sound like a Josh Smith hater.

12. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Biggest snub: DeMarcus Cousins.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

I believe kyrie is overrated but terrible he is not.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Coaches should make up their mind. You don't put Cousins in because of his record? Although I don't believe that is the only case I think the coaches just don't like him.

But if record matters then how is Westbrook in over Lillard?

15. what

what Member

Harden was the best choice they made for a reserve. The guy deserves to be an all star all day and I also can't really argue about Aldridge either. Chris Paul is an automatic pick but I still think Lillard and Conley have had better seasons so he should have been left off.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

One thing is for sure - they ought to increase it from 24 to 30 players. or at least 28. There are always a few guys in each conference that are obvious snubs.

As for the rest of it - I get it. Starters are a popularity contest. Some guys get voted in that shouldn't. Though some make a case that cumulative years of greatness outweigh an injury plagued season. I don't really care. Who even watches the all-star game? It's unwatchable.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

meh

Marc Gasol getting snubbed is only subtetly annoying to me.

18. what

what Member

Hell, the reserves are as much a popularity contest as the starters. The only difference is that the coaches won't put an injured player into the all star game, but they sure will vote on the "popular" player.

19. what

what Member

Marc made it as a starter. :)

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I only watch one event of the all-star weekend. The three point shooting contest. Everything else is trash.