1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe out for the season. Does Kerr choose Thompson or Harden for All Star starter?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apatel123, Jan 23, 2015.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

I have a feeling that the 37 pts in a quarter will influence whatever decision will be

2. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

That's only one game though, who leads the league in scoring??
    Harden deserves All star starter and MVP, will he get any of them who knows. What I really want him to get is a ring! This exhibition means nothing, but still it's Harden's spot.

3. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Could someone enlighten me why Kerr's vote matters so much? Don't all the coaches in the NBA get to vote as well? Sorry if this is a dumb question

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Curry is MVP.

Thompson is going to start some all-star games, but it shouldn't be this season.

5. J Hard

J Hard Member

Laughable.

6. Ismail

Ismail Member

I think Kerr, as the head coach of the WC All-Stars, ultimately gets to pick who starts in the case of an injury.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Lillard and Westbrook deserve to be All Stars more than Klay Thompson. Both guys are better all-around players and have proven they can carry a team all by themselves when the need arises. Klay can't and probably never will be able to make that claim.

Klay belongs in the three point competition and then should be watching the rest of the All Star weekend activities.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

OKC is 5-5 with Westbrook, but no Durant this season. They beat:

Hornets
    Spurs
    Lakers
    Knicks
    Timberwolves

Lillard is 3-3 without Aldridge. They beat:

Nets
    Sixers
    Knicks

Lets not say they have shown they can carry a team.

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

:eek::eek:

Yeah just as much as Nick Young is DPOY

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Can you imagine a team where Klay Thompson is zeroed in on by the defense as the only option on offense like Lillard and Westbrook are when LA and KD were out?

Klay Thompson is more of a super role player than a star. He can't carry a team at all because he is only good at one thing and it's probably the easiest thing to defend when the defense can ignore the rest of the team. That's all I'm saying.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

best record in the league breh

12. dback816

dback816 Member

Doesn't mean anything.

Dirk didn't really deserve his MVP in 2007 either, but they just didn't wanna give it to Nash again.

13. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

For some reason I envisioned Kobe Bryant chucking threes from the bench while he's injured. I wouldn't put it past him.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

All the coaches vote on who the reserves should be. The commissioner picks who the replacement player will be in the case of injuries. But, the head coach of the team (Kerr, here) decides who will start in the place of an injured starter from among the reserves and replacement players on the team.

I'm getting flashbacks to the Harden trade when people wanted to say he looked great next to Durant and Westbrook but couldn't carry a team on his own.

15. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I'm getting flashbacks to Harden that essentially played point in the 4th quarter against the Rockets and scored or assisted on every play.

I'm not sure if I've seen Klay as a primary ball handler.

To carry a team, he'd need to be a rich mans Reggie Miller in a tougher conference.

16. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

problem is klay isn't nearly as good a 1v1 player as harden is. He's absolutely killer on catch-and-shoot, PnR-type stuff...but have you ever seen him iso effectively? GSW offense relies on ball movement, Klay is 60% spectacular shooter 40% product of the system

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's not a facilitator like Harden or McGrady but he's of the same mold as a Ray Allen or Reggie Miller. You don't have to dominate the ball as a guard to be a great player.