1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is what I love about Eddie Griffin!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Apr 11, 2002.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Eddie can have the worst game imaginable. He can brick crucial free throws, miss easy shots, and blow rebounds; but when it comes down to it, this guy is clutch! Look at the box score ( 2-6 fgs, 3-6 fts, 10 rbs, 9 pts), and I wouldn't blame you if you thought he had a horrid game. When he absolutely needed to step up, he took that wide-open three (which Steve created for him beautifully) and hit nothing but the bottom of the net. This guy is clutch, and I am thrilled to have him!

I'm sure you all remember game one of the 95 western finals, when Horry bricked all his shots, only to hit the game-winning jumper at the end. Eddie is a lot like that. If you take his limitless talent, and add that special "clutch-ness", you have one hell of a future all-star.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Eddie, How do you spell relief?
    T-H-R-E-E
    nice shot!

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i agree eddie is totally clutch. but actually his boxscore doesn't look bad at all, 9 points 10 boards. you forgot to mention those 2 huge blocks he had when we on that run to take the lead.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Two thumbs up to the Rockets for acquiring E.G.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I say thumbs up to thumbs.
    welcome. :)
    Go Eddie!!

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Thanks, Roc Paint.

7. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I was especially proud of Francis too. He found the right man at the right time, instead of taking an ill-advised shot or running off the clock. He trusted Griffin.

Can anyone find the picture of Moochie hugging Griffin or whatever? That would be cool. :)

8. dave feitl

dave feitl Member

That was worth the season last night, seeing that big ol' smile on Eddies face, and then on Rudy's.19!and that's give you some confidence.Come on Steve and Cat get off your high horse and give this kid a chance to help each other be great.

The last season with Barkley, where he got hurt, and we stunk....that season was worth it too me, when Chuck slammed Shaq's big fat ass on the ground.

9. moomoo

moomoo Member

Great shot by Ed. The guy has ice water running through his veins...But...the shot did not "hit nothing but the bottom of the net." It did hit rim, it was not a swish. I notice that a lot of announcers (especially NBC announcers) say the same thing, "nothing but net" or "nothing but the bottom of the net" or "swish", when the shot, though it goes in, is not even close to being a swish. Do they not know what "swish" or "nothing but net" means?

Just mildly annoying... :rolleyes: