1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Cop Kills Unarmed White Youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anas acuta, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

While Ferguson, Missouri, burns with racism and rioting, misinformation and mayhem over the Michael Brown shooting, another unarmed young man was shot to death by police just two days later. But unlike the Ferguson case where a white cop shot a black youth, in this instance the races are reversed. Unlike in Ferguson, there is no allegation that the young man attacked the officer. And there is another difference:

The national media, Attorney General Holder, and Barack Obama are silent.

The young man was 20-year-old Salt Lake City resident and father-to-be Dillon Taylor. Taylor was leaving the 2102 South State Street 7-Eleven on August 11 with his brother, Jerrail Taylor, and cousin, Adam Thayne, when the incident occurred.

According to [South Salt Lake police] Sgt. Darin Sweeten, police were called to the scene just after 7 p.m. after receiving a 911 call of a man waving a gun in the air.

When police arrived they spotted the suspect leaving the gas station with two other individuals.

According to Sweeten, the officers demanded that the suspect and the two others surrender.

The suspect did not follow orders and was shot.

Police have not confirmed whether or not the suspect had a gun or why he was shot.

The two other individuals [Jerrail Taylor and Adam Thayne] with the suspect did comply with police.

Dillon's brother and cousin claim they were on their way to visit his parents’ graves and that Dillon was surprised by the police presence. He was not aggressive, they said.

“He had headphones in, and he couldn't hear [anything], and then they finally surrounded him," Jerrail said. "They're like, 'Get on the ground,' and [he] pulled up his pants and [they] shot him."

Thayne believes police might have thought his cousin was reaching for a gun when, in reality, he grabbed his cell phone.

"I was in shock, because he was wearing a white t-shirt and there was blood all over it," Thayne said. "They ran up and handcuffed him. He wasn't moving."

A witness's video shows police yelling for the two men to remain on the ground as Thayne repeatedly screams that they have shot his cousin.

The two men were taken to the police station, but released hours later without being charged or cited.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...nd-feds-silent

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

3. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Started by an officer of the law. Here to serve and protect.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the white thug was wanted for felony robbery and obstruction of justice convictions.

he might have been reaching for his baggy pants because he was nervous.

he might have been high or buying ingredients to make a potent concoction of illegal drugs.

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

link?

;)

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So do you agree with the protestors in Salt Lake City demanding justice for the deceased and calling for demilitarization of the police force?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Seriously?

Guess "Cop kills unarmed teen" isn't dramatic enough, I swear news and politics are like a ****ing reality show for grown ups.

8. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I'm just surprised that they aren't looting and throwing Molotov cocktails at buildings. Wonder why? :eek:

I don't agree with them calling for the demilitarization of the police. This event has nothing to do with this incident. SWAT team didn't roll up in their army surplus and kill the dude. A patrolman did.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Sad. Just sad.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Another strange case of a white, unarmed man being killed by police. I only heard about it because it's local. Almost a year after the shootings the police still have not provided an explanation for why he was shot.

Also, based on numbers released by the reporting of local precincts to the FBI, out of 400 police shootings in a year 25% involve white cops shooting blacks. 5% involved white cops shooting black kids under the age of 21. Link.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2014/07/08/ten-months-of-silence-in-the-fairfax-police-shooting-death-of-john-geer/

#10 DCkid, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IT's probably because there isn't a present and history where whites are often oppressed, profiled, and stereotyped by police, so they don't have a lifetime and generations of lifetime of built up resentment.

I'm not positive but it's just my guess.

2 people like this.
  12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Yay! now lets dig into his history and assassinate his character after his death. I am sure nobody is going to grieve this piece of feces.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Probably because white kids rarely get shot by police because they're white but let's ignore the history and give your story equal time because pretending a false equivalency is what you conservatives do.

1 person likes this.
  14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Horribly tragic story.

Stop trying to gain points and one up those who disagree with you by posting stories about tragic deaths and loss of life. Nobody wins when a life is taken by a gun. Not me, not you, not the shooter or the shot. No one.

1 person likes this.
  15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

WTf happened to tasering people?

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I knew the baggy pants fashion would finally kill someone.

He should have been getting on the ground but had to pull his pants up first in fear of his pants falling down and him getting ticketed for indecent exposure.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for folks who don't follow cop instructions regardless of race. Cops don't tend to take chances when it comes to protecting themselves...why would you by not following instructions? Yea...it was the ear buds and loud music. That's unfortunate.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Deplorable. We give these bafoons guns and pray they don't kill us with them

1 person likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All the more reason to stand behind the people of Ferguson so that we can get cams on their uniforms.

Police are a little too aggressive nowadays IMO, no matter the race.

19. g1184

g1184 Member

Some jerk ran around an auditorium yelling "don't tase me bro!" and apparently America listened.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Nobody trained him on how to behave while being arrested?

The death sucks, and there are probably problems to address there too, but to compare it to the riots in Ferguson makes me think you still don't understand at all why the riots happened.

1 person likes this.