1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bright Side

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4279, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Please dont come at me with the (T)rade (M)ark statements after or if we fall short to the Jazz. Look at the bright side of things. We are all fans of the game and support our home team right? Stern cant disagree with what im saying. The NBA is about caring and the players care more about the community and what brings them here to the idea later in their careers as we all mature and even as a player. The NBA is indeed about caring and all the players who play this game all care about their surroundings and winning is just part of it. Take Yao Ming for a big example being the face of the olympics in China he is a icon like Olajuwon and Mutombo. Yao's impact to this team not just the NBA or this community cant be measured especially after Katrina. He brings in alot of overseas material such as concrete from China natives through the Houston ship channel just being part of Houston and the NBA does care. I know because i have studied the ship routs with binoculars in and out of the ship channel materials coming in from China and alot of this is to help the victims of Katrina. My step father who worked for a major concrete company has made plenty of comments about his company getting in billions of dollars of overseas cement and materials which put him working an ungodly ammount of hours. This is around like 6-8 months after Katrina ships come in from over seas because of the seas travel that you see and the presidents statement saying New Orleans would be the largest construction site the world has ever seen. Yao's impact is wide range and Houston is just a strategic point of the rebuilding over there. There is other NBA players who have an ungodly ammount of impact to their community but i think Yao tops them all.

2. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

not to be rude but paragraphs are your friend

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Just curious, how long did you type that?

4. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

lol pretty quick i wasnt even looking at the screen when i typed just spoke with what i thought and hit reply.