1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'd be team B, receiving Morris and Ryan.

I feel good at WR. Have Nelson, Hilton, Megatron, Boldin and Evans. Have been a little disappointed in Tate's performance against weak teams the past couple weeks. Feel Morris should get better with RG3 coming back soon.

Needed to pick up another D as well with the Lions on a bye and didn't want to drop anyone of value. After that, I plan on getting a WR from the waiver wire. Appreciate the input though.

2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah, see looking at it that way with the new information given. I think team B wins the trade. Especially if you can then turn around and pick up a solid Defense in Detroit. I'd do that deal

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Oh no, I already have the Lions D. And they're on a bye, so I wanted to keep them and free up a roster spot to add another D for this week. Trying to decide between Vikes, Bears and Chargers.

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

would you do the deal though?

so basically:

dez bryant

for

ellington + a WR

considering my RB situation...or do you think i should stick it out with who i have/just pluck the waiver/FA pool rest of the season and go week by week?

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Which WR? PPR?

6. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

oh i haven't replied back to his text yet...i'd have to look and no not PPR league, standard league

7. primtim24

I would definitely do the deal. But I would require more than just a throw in WR to go with that, considering come fantasy playoff time (Weeks 14-16), Ellington is going to have a pretty tough schedule.

8. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

who else should i ask for, is a mark ingram or bradshaw worth the throw in?

doubt he would deal ingram...but he has 5 RB who start, so worth a shot. but maybe a bradshaw idk.

#9408 FlyerFanatic, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  9. primtim24

What do his receivers look like?

10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

oh hell he's got calvin, jordy, hilton, edelman. odell beckham jr.

said he'd throw in beckam jr...but thats about it.

not exactly sure why hes looking to upgrade...but whatever.

calvin/jordy are on bye this week...so i'm not sure if he just wants dez to supplement this week...strange.

also i thought he had traded for calvin...somehow he was able to pick him up..i must have missed that. i know for sure someone took him in the draft... (EDIT: scratch that he did trade...but a really dumb trade...i'm suspecting sabotage at this point)

(side note: this is a weird league, its with friends and their wives/family...always interesting stuff takes place. not all participating are football gurus)

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

standard league

donte moncrief, greg jennnigs or miles austin?

also palmer @ dallas or dalton vs jags?

#9411 fallenphoenix, Oct 30, 2014
  12. gsr108

gsr108 Contributing Member

Should I start Keenan Allen or Denard Robinson in my flex? Standard scoring.

#9412 gsr108, Oct 30, 2014
  13. primtim24

I'd take a shot on Moncrief if Wayne is out.

I would go Palmer. Dalton has just been terrible. But if AJ Green plays, then I probably lean slightly his way....especially because Bernard probably won't play this weekend so they'll be throwing it for sure.

14. primtim24

Keenan.

15. primtim24

I'd try to get Calvin for sure, but if you can't get him and what a receiver in return, then I'd say Calvin, Hilton, Jordy (in that order....mainly due to playoff schedule + skill set)

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So I have been struggling at RB. I picked up Denard Robinson a couple weeks ago and obviously he has played well. On my roster right now I also have Sproles and Andre Williams that I am considering starting at RB 2. Thoughts on that?

17. pocketrocket81

I just traded away Marshawn Lynch for Antonio Gates. I am in 1rst place in my league but had Lynch setting on the bench because I am using Ronnie Hillman, Shane Vereen and Chris Ivory. Tight end was my weakest position by far. I feel it was a good trade but just wanted opinions to hopefully make me feel better :)

18. primtim24

Who was your starting TE prior to getting Gates? NVM it doesn't matter, you obviously were selling low, but I think you sold WAY too low. Granted, I don't think Marshawn is going to be a stud going forward, but I think he should get more in return than Antonio Gates.

But just for my own knowledge, who was your other TE before Gates?

19. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I don't like any of those receiving options, but I would go with Austin.

I like Palmer over Dalton this week.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Drop Cameron for Rudolph? I have Gronk and am still paranoid that he'll get hurt. I've even kept Heath Miller on my roster all year as well. I'm thinking Cameron may have been so good b/c of Chudzinski and he's not there anymore, and then you have all the concussions on top of that.