1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iranian Canadian TV Host fired for beating/raping over 8 women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by downbytheriver, Oct 31, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...t_of_violence_sexual_abuse_or_harassment.html

hugely troubling to read the comments by the women, i did not read all of it. The only thing that didn't surprise me was that he was from the Middle East, and published a book about being a muslim growing in a predominantly white society. I have personal stories of women who have told me of aggressive Arab men putting them off(((though it did not go far enough to be a rape situation))). i truly don't know if it is ingrained in the culture or they are isolated incidents, but you know what they say about too many coincidences.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Some Christians do bad things and have stupid beliefs

I will be posting on this thread from time to time. Let's collect them.

Hope someone starts one entitled "Muslims do bad things and have stupid beliefs" for ATW so he can obsess (i.e reduce his anxiety disorder) and we won't even care if he does twenty entries a day. He can make it the biggest thread of all time.

For a start.

Christians in Mexico kill three American citizens.

http://news.yahoo.com/bodies-found-mexico-where-3-texans-missing-132809555.html

1 person likes this.
  4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up. Every thread should have a statement like this from you. It would be like a surgeon general's warning.

This way, I can just avoid those threads.

1 person likes this.
  5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Please at least try to stay on topic.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I just want to say that no are actually no charges have been laid and police were never notified for the alleged incidents. I think OPs title is very misleading.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh my god - Muslims are so evil!

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What does this have to do with him being Iranian. He's a media star that happens to be into S&M. Unfortunately, he didn't tell his alleged victims about it before he started slapping them around.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Didn't realize Arab and Iranian were the same types of people. Learn something new everyday.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why? It started off stupid in the OP. A Persian-Canadian allegedy committed some crimes, probably because of a propensity toward violence innate in another ethnic group, which in turn is probably because Muhammad told them to be. The thread deserves a lock, but it won't get one so the least we could do is take it off the rails.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That pretty much describes your posts.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

totally the same, dude! persians and arabs, arabs and persians... we're interchangeable!

lock this asinine thread.

better yet, let ATW have his own subforum where he and like-minded beatdowns can masturbate freely to all the anti-muslim news they can find.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Trying to silence opinions you don't agree with, huh? Where in the world is that en vogue? Ah, yes.

You sound angry and hostile. Hmm, seems familiar from somewhere.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

****ing Canadians. They're all crazy.

15. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Iranian Canadian TV

[​IMG]

16. Nook

Nook Member

Can you show me where in the link it says the killers were Christians? Can you show me in the link where they know the identity of the killers?

17. Northside Storm

Of all of the things that you would use to condemn Muslim culture, Jian?

The dude wrote a personal ode to BDSM as his apology for choking women---he seems like he's really big on the Muslim vibe. Canadians are more pissed off that he's giving that culture a bad rap more than anything.

18. downbytheriver

Uhh, have you read his book about his struggles as a muslim growing up in Canada? http://www.amazon.com/1982-Hardcover-Jian-Ghomeshi/dp/0670066486

People here are quick to jump to the rescue of a guy who used fear, intimidation and violence to subdue women. Not to mention he was a media figure of power so the victims thought it was JUST THEM and were too afraid to speak up. Now, 8 of them speak up and it's dismissed because there's no evidence he blindsided them with his fists and raped them? state of this forum is appalling.

19. downbytheriver

i see you've come out of troll mode to post something of substance. nowhere did i say they were the same, but the cases can be linked as muslim men using fear and violence to subdue women into doing what they want. obviously there is a larger issue at play here that is begin brought to awareness by myself.

20. Northside Storm

...have you read that book?

seems very Muslim to me!

I'd wager that you've never listened to the Q in your life, or watched CBC.

The problems with Jian go much further than your petty obsession with finding anything to smear Muslims with---it speaks to an unequal power structure that pervades even the most developed and "progressive" societies. Of course, you've been on record as having dismissed rape culture---so it's nice to know you care about it if there's members of an ethnic group you confuse with another involved. (something better than nothing I suppose).