1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Benghazi: the coverup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 3, 2012.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

not to kick a dead horse but...

GOP Intel Report Debunks Its Own Party's Nutty Benghazi Theories

WASHINGTON (AP) — A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and asserted no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.

Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the investigation determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

2. mc mark

Someone should be going to jail but it's not Hillary.

New Report Shows Republicans Leaked Doctored Benghazi Emails

The GOP’s obsession with the State Department’s Benghazi so-called failings has been disproven by a new CBS report. The report shows that Republicans released altered emails to reinforce their campaign to take down Hillary Clinton’s credibility.

The GOP’s altered version of Rhodes’ Benghazi email read:

“We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation.”

The White House version of that same email read:

“We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation.”

The GOP’s altered version of Nuland’s Benghazi email read:

“The penultimate point is a paragraph talking about all the previous warnings provided by the Agency (CIA) about al-Qaeda’s presence and activities of al-Qaeda.”

The White House version of that same email read:

“The penultimate point could be abused by members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings.”

3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Of course it's not Hilary, she deleted her emails...

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Stick a fork in her. Hillary is done.

5. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO. BENGHAZI!!!!!

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Posts a guy who probably believes Fox "News" is "Fair and Balanced."

ROFL @ the hypocrisy.

8. mc mark

You do realize that when someone sends an email, someone else gets it right?

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. mclawson

mclawson Member

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Eh, from the little clip I saw, it doesn't seem to me he's "admitting" it was just about hurting her approval rating. One could see it that way, or just say he thinks the "select committee" hurt her by simply doing the investigation.

Let's not respond to Fox by doing what they do.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He did refer to it as their "strategy" so that sounds like a plan to do that. Rather than the strategy being to find out if there was any wrong doing.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm with you, but these faux scandal were political ever since after it was concluded no wrong doing occurred but continue. The Republican has a very not so hidden strategy of creating scandal so of course it's understandable that this does revealed the honest truth of their desire. Politic after all.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I don't really have a problem with what he said. It isn't some grand revelation that one party wants to discredit the member of another with a mock scandal. The larger story is that the Republicans have another smug assclown potentially. This dope has the charisma and tact of Ted Cruz. It was inevitable that Hilary would have a down turn, she has a lot of baggage and has been s known candidate for a long time. Fatigue was inevitable and not overly damning this far out.

16. mc mark

Boom!

Democrats Release New Video and Fact Sheet: “Couldn’t Be More Plain

FACT SHEET:

How the Benghazi Committee Targeted Hillary Clinton

Gowdy Cancelled All Planned Hearings Other Than Hillary Clinton’s After NYT Email Story

Gowdy Dropped Key Interviews with Top Defense and Intelligence Leaders

Gowdy Scheduled New Interviews and Depositions of Hillary Clinton’s Associates

Gowdy Stepped Up Aggressive Press Campaign Against Hillary Clinton

Gowdy’s Taxpayer-Funded Political Campaign Against Clinton

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8vgcWS92xCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. mc mark

18. mc mark

Benghazi Committee Ex-Staffer Alleges He Was Fired For Refusing To Target Clinton

"I'm scared. I'm nervous. I know that this is, you know, I'm going up against powerful people in Washington," he added. "But at the end of the day I need to live with myself. I told my wife, I will view myself as a coward if I don't do the right thing here."

A former staffer for the Republicans on the House Select Committee on Benghazi alleged that he was unlawfully fired in part because he resisted focusing his investigative efforts on Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton, The New York Times and CNN reported Saturday.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, it was obvious from day one that Benghazi 'scandal' was purely political. Anyone stating otherwise is either an idiot or a right wing shill.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So, the IRS targeting Conservatives is not okay, but the Benghazi group targeting Hilary is okay? :confused: