1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you take Raymond Felton for a 1st Rounder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Feb 22, 2011.

?

Felton for a 1st Rounder? Yes/No

1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No

130 vote(s)
    69.1%
  1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Was reading this article over on ESPN in regards to Gallinari basically being moved after the deal is done. At the end of the article it mentions that they are most likely going to flip Raymond Felton as well possibly for a first round pick.

Do you think he is worth it and would you be willing to give up one of our first rounders for Raymond Felton? He is definitely having a great year in NY with the help of Amare.

Thoughts?

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I'd much rather try to pry Ty Lawson from Ujiri, but it seems like he's intent on holding on to him and Afflalo for the long haul.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

4. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I would rather eat razor blades and keep my 1st round pick.

5. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

No way in hell. Decent player that should always have a spot somewhere in the league, but no way is he worth a 1st-round pick.

6. Stack24

I would have to say averaging 17 ppg 3.6 rbg and 9 apg are slightly better than average in my opinion.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

How is Felton an upgrade over Lowry?

8. tcsmith031

tcsmith031 Member

Is Felton worth a first-round pick in what seems like a weak upcoming draft class? Absolutely. I'd much, much rather have him than Lawson as my starting point guard. Lawson is a nice energy backup. Not a franchise guy.

1 person likes this.
  9. Stack24

Not saying he is or isn't. Was more of a general thread to see the thoughts of the board. As far as I can see the basically are pretty close in a lot of ways with the only thing being that Felton is a bit better at creating his shot.

10. Htown's2kFinest

Rather trade AB and get Johnny Flynn and Randolph from the Wolves.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's an idea...

12. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

No.

He's not better than Lowry.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No. Gallinari, on the other hand...

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

he's fools gold

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I don't get the no's. In what world is Terrance Williams worth a first rounder and Felton is not ?

2 people like this.
  16. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Thank god someone has pointed this out. Yes Felton's numbers are bloated with the D'antoni system, but he is a sure starter in this league with ANY team unless they have one of the elite PG's. He is a top 7 pg in this league. With The knicks, he was a top 5.

17. HMMMHMM

Top 7? What?

I'm not even sure Felton is one of the top 20 PG's. He's a lazy defender with bad fundamentals, can't shoot and makes bad decisions on a regular basis.

1 person likes this.
  18. Sekcomenpal

Sekcomenpal Member

Totally disagree... I don't know who you are talking about but not Raymond Felton, I saw at least 10/12 CHA games last season and that's not the player I saw! Anyway our problem isn't the PG spot, we need other things!

19. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

As a Charlottean and a big Bobcats fan, I can tell you have no idea what you are talking about. He's a very good defender, went games at a time with one or no TOs while running up double digit assists last year and was the decision maker LB wanted with the ball at end of games last year (with some bad but mostly good results).

20. HMMMHMM

I guess we'll have to disagree then.

I've watched plenty of Felton games both in Charlotte and New York and in my opinion he simply isn't very good.

I could make this a long post, telling you all about his shortcomings, but I don't really see the point, because like you said - the PG spot isn't really one of our problems and there no chance we're going to trade for him.

That said let me give you a couple of links where are some of his shortcoming are being pointed out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWHPFS5Uwco&t=2m47s
    http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1287