1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[IRONY] Florida Gun Nut Mom Shot by Her 4-Year Old Son

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by kpsta, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

So... everything's OK then?

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

She wrote this before the shooting.

“Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22"

No one died in the incident.

3. calcium

calcium Member

What a conundrum?

Will she stop letting the kid have guns from here on?

And if not, every drive with the kid is going to be a harrowing experience.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hot and crazy...sign me up.

I'll protect her from armed 4 yr olds.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

She looks a lot like a girl I dated a long, long time ago.

And reminded me of this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lNBtzYO2VoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel very bad for that kid. This could be something that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

As for the mom what sort of responsible gun owner doesn't secure their weapon enough that a child could take it? This is an issue I've brought up about self-defense. I agree that handguns are powerful tools for self-defense but if not used and secured properly you have to worry about those tools being taken and used against you.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

ban 4 year olds.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Oh, my bad, updated scorecard

Deaths that could've been prevented by gun control: 10482928
    Deaths that were prevented by having guns: ???

9. Granville

Granville Member

End of thread. LOL

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

His mom survived and he probably won't remember the incident a decade from now. I think he'll be fine.

Yeah, she should have secured her weapon and not let a 4 year old access it without her supervision. I don't really like the public shaming though.

11. SonofSatoshi

SonofSatoshi Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t-5hhr31MTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How bad is it when a gun safety advocate gets accidently shot by their own 4-year old? I mean this wasn't just a gun owner.

I think it's incredibly irresponsible to let anyone that young even touch a handgun.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eh....it's not like this is just some random anonymous lady. When you put your views out there for everyone to see, and then something like this happens, it kind of comes with the territory.

If some member of the westboro baptist church got caught with a gay prostitute, he would deserve all the public shaming he gets.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Eh, her advocacy seems to consist of saying pro-gun stuff on Facebook. I say a lot of anti-gun stuff on this bbs. If my 4 year old (okay, 6 year old) shoots me in the back with my own gun, will people start calling me out for hypocrisy as a 'gun control advocate' who let his kid get ahold of a gun? With the internet and social media, I'm not sure if anyone can just be random and anonymous.

15. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Her advocacy wasn't really just limited to a coherent pro-gun safety stance at all. Reading through her "Gun Sense" page before it was pulled down, I actually found very little about responsible gun ownership. It was far more of a "pry it from my cold dead hands" page with the often repeated and totally mis-characterized "all liberals hate guns" posts.

I'm a gun owner and a Texas liberal, and I know there are plenty more of us (some on this bbs). I also know that there are plenty of people out there who are vehemently opposed to guns, would never own one themselves, and would prefer to see no private citizens owning them. There's just a fundamental difference though between someone like her (who incessantly waves the "guns = freedom" flag, and chooses to wear a gun as an accessory with the goal of irritating those who disagree with her), and those people who you might never even know own a gun, but who very carefully practice safe gun ownership. I personally have no problem shaming people like her because it gives the rest of us a bad name.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think there's a big difference between putting yourself out there on an anonymous basketball website vs. Facebook where everyone can see exactly who you are.

I might be biased here because I get really annoyed when people put all their angry divisive political opinions out on Facebook for everyone to see...then get butt-hurt when someone calls them out on them. You can't have it both ways.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Ouch.