1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will The Rox make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MagicFan, Feb 28, 2003.

1. MagicFan

MagicFan Member

dang yall couldnt beat the wizards and help a team out, lol
    but man i wanted yall to win cause ima rox fan 2...
    Mobley almost banked it in!
    should yao have called time out? or does he not know that yet?
    lol dang...
    i hope they do make the playoffs, itd be nice, they havent been in since??? When???

2. Sane

Sane Member

The Magic are playing so well, you don't need any help from the Rockets. But damn, MJ is catching fire, and maybe he won't let the Wizards lose in the final 30 games of his career.

Rocks ave a 40% chance of making the playoffs, so there's a good chance, but it's not probable.

3. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

No way T-Mac is MVP with his team's kinna record. Having said that.....the Rockets, meanwhile, have a 20% chance of making it to the playoffs....Hell the WARRIORS are now in in the hunt :eek:

:(

4. ewfd

ewfd Member

this has been beaten to death.

5. UTmo

UTmo Contributing Member

yea, isnt this like thread 3000 of the rox wont make the playoffs...?

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

OKAY. We must make the playoffs.
    But looks like Suns are going to make it......UNLESS THEY LOSE TO NEW ORLEANS.
    AND WE BEAT SAN ANTONIO.
    That would be PIOFU&SDPIO&$_ great.
    And hopefully the Warriors don't go all hot and start winning. Cuz they are only 3 games behind....... :(
    ANYWAYS.
    If you didn't know......the Magic won 3 in a row.....until yesterday they lost in DOUBLE OVERTIME.
    They are a very good team now with Drew Gooden and Gordan Giricek.
    Actually.....THEY ARE AWESOME.
    Now McGrady is good as crap. Not many people can stop him either. So people are forced to double team him. And now they have 2 good shooters. They have Garrity and Giricek. The 2 G's. This makes them very flexible. Both can shoot well. And that means you have to come out and contest their shots. Which leaves GOODEN wide open. And you can't leave him open either cuz he is a very good inside player and is getting better.
    And IF YOU DO NOT DOUBLE TEAM T-Mac......he will just abuse you.
    Their team can only get better. It won't be winning championships or anything....but it will be a tough race. Washington or Orlando.....very tough. But what about the Knicks?!?

The Rockets have to win tomorrow. And the Suns have to lose tomorrow.

7. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Screw Golden State and Pheonix, the Warriors are not a playoff caliber team, not even close to as good as we are. And even though we've played bad lately, we're still in the race, so it's just a matter if we can go on a few little streaks and if Pheonix will help us out by dropping a couple. Does anyone know if we play the Suns anymore the rest of the season?

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Checking over the Rockets' remaining schedule, if they can go 9-7 this month(difficult, but possible if they play well at home) and 6-2 in April(could easily happen unless they play down to their competition yet again), they'll match their record of 2000-2001 with 45 wins.

With Utah and Phoenix both having tough schedules the rest of the season, that win total should be enough to at least secure the 8th seed and possibly even the 7th.

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I'm not as much a basketball prognosticator as some of the posters so I have no idea if the Rockets will make it to the playoffs. To repeat too many before me I will say:

IF WE COULD JUST BEAT THE DAMN TEAMS UNDER .500 CONSISTENTLY WE WOULD BE A LOCK FOR THE PLAYOFFS ALREADY!!! AAARGH!

ahem.. Now why are Magic fans posting here?

10. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

The funny thing is that there is a Magic fan that has posted a lot more then some of us. But hey, more power to ya. By the way, you guys ripped of the Grizz in that deal:D

11. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I think we'll make the playoffs.:) :) :)

12. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Dang, I sure hope so, if we don't, what a waste of talent. And also, we have to give up a 1st round pick to the Grizz this year, wouldn't it be sad if it was a lottery pick or something. Very sad if we don't make the playoffs with the players we have this year. I'm not giving up yet though, that's for sure.:(

13. ewfd

ewfd Member

I'm not worried in the least.

Rockets will be the 8th spot, bank on it.