1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

two "poor" will make us dangerous in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chasingu, Mar 14, 2009.

1. chasingu

chasingu Member

poor performance on the road
    we are really good at home, playing like a champion contender, but we are only 16-17 on the road. i wonder if we could get the home-court advantage in the first round and how can we win a title without good battle effectiveness on the road.

poor execution on the court
    we just narrow escaped from Charlotte. AB and Ron shooted the most but only 10 points each. we once built 8-point lead in the 3rd when Yao and Scola fired a lot, but we almost had lost the game because our outside player lost sight of the big men inside.

i doubt how can we beat the west rivals if we play like that.

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

The only "poor" concern I have is closing out in the 4th quarter. That is reason we suck on the road because we don't close out and they get confidence and fan support.

We need to find that GO TO guy in the 4th. I don't care if it is Yao, Artest, Brooks or ANYONE else, just need to solidify that role and make someone "THE MAN." So the team knows what to do and who to give the ball to come the last 2 minutes.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

McGrady was the equalizer on the road... Portland, Utah, the teams on our level... they too struggle on the road.

4. huoxingaishi

huoxingaishi New Member

i think the most important thing is how to choose the best time to have a shoot,AB can not be intelligent enough to judge the time.Ron often has his head hot and shoots impulsively.Maybe RA could be more strict to ask his guys to do accordingly.

5. MD_in_Training

Don't you mean that the "poor" aspects of our game will make it dangerous FOR US in the playoffs?

6. chasingu

chasingu Member

don't you think so?
    we must have lost the game last night if we were @Utah, New Orleans or somewhere else. you know, there're only 3 games allowed to lose in a series, how many times can we make these poor mistakes in the playoffs, which can't be found in our west rivals.

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Well Charlotte was playing considerably hard, because of the fact that they're really close to making the playoffs.
    They probably wanted that win more than we did.

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Charlotte has been on a roll lately.

But you are right, we must know how to play better on the road.

(Note that the Celtics lost all games on the road during the playoffs, except for the Finals, I think)

9. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

I admit the last two games the rockets played poorly. too many stupid mistakes. Yao making cheap fouls, Landry too last night. Team play, AB had one TO when trapped in the backcourt during the last minute of the game.. things like that should never happen if we want to get into finals.

10. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

And did anyone note that the Rocket's line for the game last night was even? Apparently no one fears us on the road, and I know Charlotte is on a roll, but come on, we're supposed to be in contention for the 2 seed in the west. No one is fearing us on the road right now.

11. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I don't really care whether anyone fears us on the road. This is the regular season. We stole one in Utah last year in the playoffs, and if you can do it there, you can do it anywhere. Not to mention the fact, we're a better, deeper team now. I think we are fast becoming the team that nobody wants to play. Good D, a great post-up center, and outside shooting that CAN BE ligths out. People in these threads keep whining about Ron, Wafer, etc., but you better understand, they are our workhorses in the playoffs. Just cheer them on, and hope for the best. If they get hot, who knows . . .

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's okay man.

I do find it funny that improper English is totally understood by others too. It must but something about the way phrases are structured.

It's not a big deal chasingu, but what you should say in the title is along the lines of "two things that the team does poorly will be dangerous for us in the playoffs". Dude's just saying that the way you're structuring the sentence makes it read like the poor things are good for the Rockets, not bad.