1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYMag] Absolutely, Positively the Worst Team in the History of Professional Sports

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cur.ve, Apr 6, 2008.

1. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Pretty good article about the NY Knicks. Interesting to hear that the locker rooms and arena are mic'ed.

http://nymag.com/news/sports/45787/

1st paragraph:

2. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

But how could this be? This was THE season.

I heard they even got a low-post beast in Zach Randolph in the free agency.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You heard wrong. They got Zach Randolph via trade.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Anything that has come out of Miami area is far worst than the Knicks.

5. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Fat Cactus?

6. Classic

Classic Member

I'll never forget Spike Lee's dumb ass clapping it up draft night at the thought that the Knicks got a great deal in that Francis/Frye for Randolph dump. Man, what a horrible team.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Although the article exaggerates, it is somewhat somehow unfathomable a team like the Knicks can sink so low. I mean, look at what they're blessed with.

- Storied franchise
    - Owner who doesn't care about the luxury tax
    - Huge media market
    - Huge loyal fan base

To f**k this up would require ineptitude in the front office to have not one, but TWO horrific GMs. And Scott Layden followed by Isiah Thomas certainly did that alright.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

JVG jumped off a sinking ship...

in other words, why on Earth would he, or anyone else for that matter, want to return?

will they get a big-name coach or try and groom a talented assistant for the right job?

9. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

ownership is everything. The wire-tapping and paranoia stuff is just scary. Poor Malik Rose and David Lee.

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I would just hire Tom Thibodeaux, if he would take the job. JVG disciple. Good defensive coach. Ready to prove himself. Been in New York before.

Though his name probably isn't flashy enough for Dolan.

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's very likely neither he nor Francis will be in the league next year.

12. Saado

Saado Member

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You know what's truly sad about this, is the role players that actually try on that team. David Lee, Nate Robinson, Balkman... you know that they want to do well.

That's interesting that he found a Rockets internal report. And that it was all about their defense. :) I would like to see the rest of it to say what the Knicks did offensively.

and I especially thought this was interesting... maybe because I still love JVG ;) but its obviously good that he jumped off that ship.

14. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That article is a good read, but I have to admit I'm disappointed that they hired Walsh. Yes, he's a fantastic GM when contrasted with Layden and Thomas, but the Pacers have had some serious character issues for YEARS now. That being the case, he seems an odd choice to take over a franchise that has been run into the ground by a roster full of players with character issues.

I wish they would have lured Colangelo to the Knicks when he was available. The Knicks being a respectable franchise is good for the league.

16. dback816

dback816 Member

This article was freaking amazing :cool:

Totally lightened up my day lol

A couple of years ago, I had wondered how an Atlanta team that had guys like Theo Ratliff, Shareef, Jason Terry (i think?) and a few other good guys could be so bad...

Now I can safely say that any team looks good when compared to these Knicks. Truly the worst team in professional sports

17. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

This is a train wreck I would love to see made into a TV movie and played during sweeps.......wait, scratch that......make it into a new HBO series.