1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to Rockets games is so overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Achebe, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I blame it on Clutch's user friendly registration.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How can you be that far off?

------------------
    Haha.. you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: Never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well know is this: Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I guess he can run a little smack because they are in the playoffs [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dallas sucks dude. You can keep your crappy Mavs and Vernon Maxwell. You watch, he'll self-destruct in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  5. j-bone

j-bone Member

i agree, dallas does sucks. if i'm not mistaken, dallas will play utah in the first round and they will get killed. dallas will not know how to play under the pressures of the playoffs and of course malone and stockton will get every call. the fact that finley is the only player with significant playoff experience (phoenix) will not help them at all. so i look for utah to take that series 3-1.

------------------

6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic.

------------------

7. haven

haven Member

Yeah, who cares about going to Rockets games. It's much more fun to listen to them on-line. Or even better, just setting up ESPN's gamecast. That way, you can do something else, too... like laundry! Ha! Imagine wasting my time by actually going to a Rockets game. How ridiculous is THAT!

And meeting Rockets fans at a party before? Geez... I prefer spending my time with self-deluding Red Sox fans anyday. Like I'd want to be around people who watch the same team. Hrmph.

------------------
    I would believe only in a God who could dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Boston College - NCAA Hockey National Champions 2001

[This message has been edited by haven (edited April 18, 2001).]

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, big deal. Yawn.

While you guys were at the game, I was here in the city of so many horrible memories, Dallas, TX. Yep, I was basking on my 1 " foam hotel bed (Marriot-DFW...ugh) and got to see the 1 minute ESPN "Tribute" to Hakeem.

Ha! You people did not get the pleasure. Sure, you could see the same thing on the 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 am shows...but nothing beats the first time experience.

So I pity you fools and your little "Last Game Party." So sad.

Have a nice day. [​IMG]

------------------
    Whitey will pay.

9. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Sorry! Double post! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Rocketability (edited April 18, 2001).]

10. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Jealousy can't be healed. [​IMG]

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

11. j-bone

j-bone Member

did you say fou're from dallas? at least we get on espn to celebrate hakeem instead of getting on espn to celebrate getting a chalupa for the one-hundreth point.

------------------