1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm a believer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, May 29, 2002.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

No matter how this turns out (Kings will win it), the Kings are the better team and deserve to go on. I hope they do it in LA Friday night...

But it tells you just how talented Shaq and Kobe are---basically with tissue paper around them, they've been in it almost all the way. Give them their credit.

Honestly, if LA had been blown out of the series like they were blown out of the game two games ago, I expected Shaq to retire.

Seeing how close they played them, I expect them to reload and go at it again next season. Kobe's hunger should enormous and we'll be able to judge clearly how much 'like mike' he really is.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I am too.

Despite the fact I wanted Sac to win, before the series I figured the Lakers would be able to turn it on and find a way to pull it out. They still might. But I definitely feel the Kings are the better team.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

gb -

Glad to see your a sport about it. As I mentioned to you before, my major objection has been Shaq allowed to dislodge defenders. It appears that the officiating is starting to call that a little more fairly.

Kobe will definitely take his game up another notch, but I'm not convinced it's enough. Shaq's feet are more of a concern than he is letting on.

Anyway, neither the Kings nor the Lakers are our favorite teams maybe we should take some hope from this.

4. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

He seems to have learned to deal with that as the series has gone on---and I guarantee that the Lakers will have better personnel next season to help him out. It irks me that they all of the sudden take it away from him. Beginning of the season, beginning of his career---ok. When the series he hungers for hits: not ok.

I fully expect Curry and Chandler to be here in a few seasons. And after watching Bibby---I do want Jay Will...

Hey man---I try to be fair. I call it as I see it. It is, after all, only a sport.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Aside from the Rockets, the Lakers are my second favorite team.

I've seen them get swept by the Jazz. Dominated by the Jazz. Humiliated by the Jazz to share that common bond with the Rox.

No doubt the Kings are the deeper team that's executing better right now. But the Lakers aren't going away. The Lakers also have that never say die attitude that made the Rockets champions.

It's easy to dismiss them right now, now that they're down 3-2. But if history and stats had their own way, Knicks would've won in six...

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Something to consider for 2002-2003:

Shaquille O'Neal ----- $23,571,428
    Kobe Bryant ---------- $12,375,000
    Robert Horry ---------- $5,300,000
    Rick Fox ------------------ $4,170,375
    Derek Fisher ------------ $3,000,000
    Lindsey Hunter --------- $3,000,000
    Mark Madsen ------------ $813,000
    Subtotal ----------------$ 52,229,803

Player option:
    Samaki Walker --------- $1,540,000

That doesn't look to encouraging to me. Especially with Jerry West now in Memphis. ;)

#6 GATER, May 29, 2002
    Last edited: May 29, 2002
  7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Aside from game 1, the Kings have outplayed the Lakers in every game. They are proving that the regular season champs are for real. Its going to be tough to close the Lakers out at home, but if anyone can do it, its the Kings of this yr. They have no one who can stop Bibby. NO ONE!

8. Invisible Fan

Man... Vlade might be called overdramatic with his flopping but he's been taking Shaq out of the game for most of the series.

That's the most important factor for the Lakers right now. If Shaq ever learns to adjust, whether by accepting the calls or changing his game, he can easily score 40.

And I doubt Bibby can overcome that.

9. Invisible Fan

So Bibby couldn't overcome Kobe's elbow... :D

He was trying to play Kobe too close and should'nt have grabbed Kobe to break his fall. :D

If he had learned from the school of Divac, he should've fallen back at the first hint of contact... :D

Sillyness aside, he didn't b**** about the questionable call and you gotta respect that.

10. Invisible Fan

A double post... oops. Can someone delete this? :eek:

#10 Invisible Fan, Jun 2, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2002
  11. drapg

drapg Member

looks like an epidural hematoma...

"When a person receives a severe blow to the head, the brain bounces within the cavity. This movement of the brain structures may cause shearing or tearing of the blood vessels surrounding the brain and dura. When the blood vessels tear, blood accumulates within the space between the dura and the skull. This is known as an epidural hematoma (epi-door-ul hem-a-to-ma), or blood clot at the covering of the brain."
    courtesy of the University of Mo. Health Care Center

12. drapg

drapg Member

my bad people... posted that in the wrong thread... can an mod erase that?