1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Your Favorite Soft Drink/Beverage?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I am actually going to answer this question twice...telling you what my favorite soft drink (and no one better say "pop":p) and then my favorite beverage (which is actually 2nd because my favorite soft drink is my favorite beverage - but I put that in the title for those who refuse to drink soft drinks).

Mellow Yellow without a doubt is my favorite. I remember around 20 years ago, when it first came out, I absolutely loved it for some reason. I at one time used to drink 6 12 oz cans of this a day! However, fearing my health and kidneys, I have cut back to only 4; however, I make sure that I drink plenty of water (like 4 full bottles) a day to counteract all that caffeine.

I really can't explain why I like Mellow Yellow so much, but I can't have it in a 2 liter bottle or out of the fountain or any of that crap...only in a aluminum can. It is so good and Mellow yellowlicious, that hell, I am drinking one right now! I don't know why but to me Mellow Yellow in a can definitely has a different and better taste than if it is in a bottle or from a fountain or anything like that.

Mellow Yellow is my all-time favorite and probably always will be...what the hell, am I saying? It will always be there...because it is my friend and it's smooth . However, Coke is okay (better than Pepsi), but I like Coke from a fountain and not from a can (unless I can use ice in a glass) or a bottle. Mountain Dew? Don't go there...let's just say that I would rather drink crab juice. No diet drinks either whether it is caffeine-free or sugar-free & don't get me started on how awful Pepsi Twist would be. That's right...I haven't drunk it and don't plan to. I don't need to drink it to know that it would suck. However, I do like the commerical with Halle Berry in it...damn she's hot in that one - to bad that Pepsi had to ruin it by having her turn into Barry Bostwick.

As for other beverages, I really like milk, but only the 2% type. Skim milk, buttermilk, chocolate milk, etc. do not do anything for me. I used to drink an above-average amount of milk when growing up as a kid, but I now only drink 1 glass of milk a day and do that at breakfast.

Oh, one other thing...why do Yankees call a Mellow Yellow or a Coke "pop"? I would really like to know the explanation on that one. Okay, caffeine buzz is about over...what are other people's favorites?

2. Major

Major Member

<B>However, Coke is okay (better than Pepsi), but I like Coke from a fountain and not from a can (unless I can use ice in a glass) or a bottle. </B>

Yeah, fountain cokes are so much better than cans. I have no clue why, but they just are. Coke is my favorite pop, but I've never tried Mellow Yellow before!

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Nothing compares to Dr. Pepper. The best in town is the fountain at the Chevron at Washington and Studemont. Mmmmmmm.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

mellow yellow is pretty good...

However, since Mountain Dew ran this 2 for 1 dollar 20 oz bottle promo for their cherry "Code Red Mountain" dew this past summer, I've been hooked.

My top 3 are:
    Code Red
    Coke
    Dr Pepper

I also like Sobe...they are really damn good.

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Gatorade and Poland Spring.

6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Big Red!!!

:D

7. kbm

kbm Member

I only drink lemon-lime powerade. Gaterade is a little salty for my taste. I use to drink coca cola, but quit. Now I can't stand the stuff. I was stuck on apple juice for a while but it got too sweet for me to drink. My teeth ached every day. Can drinks have that nasty can taste. Like metal spoons. eekkkk! The lemon-lime flavored powerade next best thing to plain water! Love it.

8. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Cheerwine is by far the best soft drink around.
    I also like any other kind of Cherry Drink (Wild Cherry Pepsi, Cherry Coke, Mountain Dew Code Red, Cherry Mellow Yellow) and Barq's root beer especially from a fountain. Oh and another one of my favorites was Snapple used to sell a cherry lime ricki soda that was to die for.

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Coffee, fruit flavoured mineral waters, water, beer and CC & coke

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Dr. Pepper -- fountain Dr. Pepper. I can drink that stuff like breathing air -- gimme 5 minutes, I'll down a gallon . . . seriously!

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Orange soda is good.

12. red

red Contributing Member

jack and coke is a very god beverage.

BIG RED of course is an excellent choice.:)

13. IVFL

IVFL Member

Henry Weinhardts Root Beer is the best, If you like Root beer and have never had it do yourself a favor, Seriously this stuff melts in your mouth. they also make pretty good orange cream soda. IBC rootbeer is not too bad either.

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

BIG RED and INCA COLA!!! :)

15. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

More than anything I drink water with lemon juice/fresh lemons. I drink it so lemony that no one else can stand it, which works out for me as no one drinks my drink.

I rarely drink any sodas at all anymore, but every once in awhile, I just have to have a Coke. The ones in the 8oz glass bottles are the best.

Don't even talk to me about Dr Pepper or Pepsi. They're both nasty.

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

no contest

Coca Cola all the way for me

17. haven

haven Member

Fountain cherry coke

18. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

The "Uncola", 7-up!

I also drink alot of Odwalla Superfood! MMMMM, yummy, I buy it by the half-gallon!

BTW, speaking of fountain drinks,
    if, after a night of heavy drinking, you go through a late nite drive-thru and get a fountain drink...doesn't it severly upset your stomach?
    It does mine, wierd, I thinks its the combination of alcohol and the fountain bubbles. Either way, it feels really bad, 'cept I find myself doing it over and over, late nites, drinking heavily, drive-thrus, fountain drinks, upset stomachs! DAOOH!
    :(

#18 mr_oily, Dec 6, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2001
  19. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

hey oily, i think it upsets your stomach cause of all the sugar...?

anyway, my one vice is Cokes. I love Coke and don't try to slip me no stinkin' Pepsi... I know the difference...

I also dig 7-Up (yours)

Odwalla Carrot, Orange Apple Juice is one of my favs.

Whole Foods sells this 365 Italian Orange Soda... that stuff is DA BOMB!! Great with Vodka. They also sell an Italian Grapefruit Soda and a Lemon Soda... awesome, great fizzy mixers for mixed drinks...

rH

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DR. PEPPER BABY !!!!!

Nectar of the GODS !!

DaDakota