1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Houston is a good fit for Andre Drummond

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 24, 2012.

?

Trade up and select Andre Drummond?

1. Yes

85.1%
  2. No

14.9%
  1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

With all the rumors of Andre potentially be one of Moreys targets, I think it's necessary to discuss how he could fit in.

I personally think he would fit in well with our players and staff. You got Camby, still one of the best defensive C in the league. There aren't to many veteran bigs who would be a better influence . Also with Scola he would have guy to teah him a variety of post moves and craftyniss. Not to mention Kevin McHale would keep his new toy in the gym working with him.

Andre is young, athletic and full of potential and would really strive early in his career in our up temp system where he would be able to run the floor and catch oops. This is a high risk pick, but you gotta love the reward you could get out of Drummond.

What do you guys think?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, take a shot, guy is a great athlete, and is long - could be an Adrew Bynum type in a few years.

DD

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Houston is a great fit for Andre Drummond because Orlando probably wants Andre Drummond.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Minus the d***head-edness, I hope. But if the talent is similar....yeah, go for it.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Dwight doesn't want to come to Houston. No matter how much they like him, superstar players nowadays always choose where they want to be traded.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Draft him and keep him. Draft him and trade him for Dwight. I'm happy either way.

Just trade up please...

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Drummond will one day destroy Dwight Howard.

1 person likes this.
  8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

getting drummond > renting howard IMO

9. amaru

amaru Member

I'm all for a center but he won't be here on draft night.

10. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I think the OP has hit the nail on the head. Drummond will be instructed by Camby for defence, Scola and McHale for offence. Put him in a situation that is positive and has good influences and you could have your next potential Camby/Bynum/Dwight.

Drummond would be a good rim protector and his athletic ability can help defend the pick and roll as good as any big man in the league (with some training). Having a big that can do both well can be pretty hard to find.

If all he costs us is Lowry and a draft pick, we completely win. A rookie scale contract for a athletic big that could turn into an all-star with some grooming, sign me up scottie!!!

Dragic/Fortson
    Martin/Lee
    Parsons/Bud/Morris
    Scola/Patterson/DMo
    Drummond/Camby/Smith

Great place to start from with plenty of options going forward.

2 people like this.
  11. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

We need to roll the diece this year we need a center. no more undersized PF or combo guard. ANDRE DRUMMOND or BUST. High Potential but also High risk sometimes you just gotta b**** slap Les and do your own thing

12. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Trade up, yes.
    Draft Drummond, no.

I feel Drummond might be a bust. If Bradley beal or Harrison Barnes if there, take them.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is truly a unique case... he's a one-year rental and the team he "wants" to go to (maybe) doesn't exactly have great pieces to work with in a deal. Orlando isn't out to make Dwight happy here... if someone willing to rent him beats out the team Dwight "wants", I don't see why the Magic wouldn't go with the better deal.

If Houston got Drummond in this draft, that is a hell of a lot better trade piece to a rebuilding team than a maxed out Brook Lopez.

14. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

NO MORE SAFE PICKS

we need to take some chances

I want some high upside guys

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's exactly what Drummond is.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

A lot of people on a Magic board are saying not to send him to NJ out of spite. They also mentioned that Houston would be a good target and that our package right now is better than what the Nets can offer.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Ya think?

Nets don't have a snowball's chance in Hades of trading for Dwight.

18. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V1xHtOMCJPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I voted yes, I realize it could backfire big time... But at least we would have some hope.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Worth the risk, might be a difference maker. Go for it. Really, just what we need. With McHale and Camby working with him, he could work out. He is no Thabeet, that is for sure. We don't need tall stiffs, Drummond is athletic.