1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Sep 29, 2014.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

There's no way Raymond Felton lost that much weight lol :grin:

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

parsons brought ebola upon dallas?

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Wait....is that Greg Smith? I didn't realize he was playing for the Mavericks!

Where are all of the threads talking about how we lost Greg! Where is the talk about how Greg was offended when we waived him! Why isn't anyone talking about how Morey should be fired because we let Greg go to our rival!

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Greg isn't a b****.

1 person likes this.
  5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Lol. Well said.

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Looks like Chandler has been hitting the gym! Team Delta-Bravo's are GO!!!

7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Couldn't find the Like button

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Chandler got a damn "Smedium" jersey on. They should get him one that fits.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/titcsbHsVC/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Too many Urkels.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Cuban a "hypocrite"? Hardly. If anything Cuban is too much of a fan - a true MFFL in every sense of the word. With Cuban, you have no doubt that he eats, drinks, sleeps and breathes Mavs. He is the polar opposite of Les whose disengagement allowed CD to literally wreck this franchise with years of bad trades and poor drafting. Sure, he's a douche to Houston fans because he pulled a "Morey" on DM and grabbed Parsons away for nothing. What Cuban and Nelson did with that contract was exactly what Morey did to LA & NY so in my mind, turnabound is fair play. And both he and Morey both engage in star chasing because that's the popular way to build a team nowadays so you can't fault him for that.

I think that Morey is butthurt because his "genius" image took a big hit over the summer and he's now facing a 2 year deadline to produce playoff success with the Howard-Harden core. Plus it's year 8 of the DM regime and his clock is ticking. Hence, the "need" to respond to Cuban's jabbering. Morey is simply trying to change the narrative here but what will REALLY change that narrative will be the Rockets having some success (finally) in the playoffs. At this point in time, that is the ONLY thing that matters.

1 person likes this.
  11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Mark Cuban is the Phil Hellmuth of the NBA.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Morey was never a saint. That narrative had already taken a hit after that stupid Terrance Williams trade, the Royce White debacle, initially letting Lin go, choosing Lin over Dragic's player option, etc.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Bolded part is meh. I hate Cuban because he has always had the "little dick" ego problem even though he is a multi-billionaire. It's beyond me how insecure and defensive he is. I think that's why most people hate him.

It's good though because maybe now him and Chandler Parson's can grow a pair together. But alas they will probably just grow even bigger vaginas being around each other.

14. baubo

baubo Member

It's been a couple of years, but was Morey going on interviews saying crap about NY and Chicago GMs at the time about how Asik wasn't loved enough or how Lin was offended by the Knicks or how he would've matched if he was Chicago/NY?

In fact, has Morey ever said anything bad about another front office in public ever? I'm sure behind the scenes he probably is a lot more of an a-hole than most of us would like to believe, but publicly he feels pretty PRish in all his comments.

15. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

That's why his win's low.

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

1. Attempting to trade the whole team away for Pau Gasol

Thankfully, Vince MacMahon stopped it.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Looks like Dallas have a pretty good squad.

18. 34to11

34to11 Member

That is EXACTLY why he is a hypocrite. He tried to criticize the Rockets for employing the very same team building process he engaged (and failed) in.

In case you haven't noticed, Cuban is generally considered a "douche" by all fans outside of the DFW metroplex. Check what Lakers, Clippers, and Spurs fans have to say about him.

That contact is hardly "nothing". Parsons' contract is almost universally regarded as an overpay.
    Furthermore, the belief is that it was not done simply to add talent to his roster, but to spite the team that beat him out for Dwight Howard and to avoid once again walking away from the free agency sweepstakes empty handed.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey said some stuff that was indirectly very negative about the Knicks front office after the McGrady trade. I don't think he was trying to go after them, like Cuba has, but he was gloating about how he got over on them.

I thought it was in poor taste at the time, and a bad idea to boot. Apparently Morey agreed, as he apologized, and has never done anything remotely similar since.

My guess is, that Cuban is doing this very deliberately, like a boxer talking before a fight to try and drum up excitement at the gate. I think it is pretty bad business to create animus among people that you might need to cooperate with down the line. There is a point where people will start to push back, just because they can. Creating bad blood will only serve to limit your options in the future, in the same way that Morey's rep as the guy who gets over make people want to explore options other than a trade with the Rockets.

I think you can see that Morey understands this, as evidenced by how much provocation it took before he felt compelled to fire back.

#199 Ottomaton, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He does look bigger. However, some of that may be the blood-swollen muscles that start minutes after intense w/outs and last a couple hours after. Once the excess blood vacates the muscles - they probably won't look as big.

Then again, that could be long term gained muscle mass.

The Smedium shirt has gots to go tho, fo sho.