1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

:eek::(

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/05/disgruntled-lowry-feels-its-his-time-to-move-on/

And on bringing back Goran Dragic.

Read the full story on the Chronicle's website:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/05/disgruntled-lowry-feels-its-his-time-to-move-on/

2. RedHotRockets01

Just saw that, not too surprised......

3. cookies18

cookies18 Member

TRADE HIM! We dont need Lowry!
    Resign Dragic!

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Well, that puts us in a bad spot:

Lowery is pissed but is under contract.
    Dragic is happy but not under contract.

:(

Sucks to be a Rockets fan these days.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mchale and Lowry beefing. I thought he was a player's coach or is it the dynex buyer?

6. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would be nice if we could trade Lowry + #14 for a top 8 pick.

7. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

Its either make Lowry happy and let Goran Go, or Trade Lowry after we acquire Goran. He obviously feels that both cannot co-exist and with Morey obviously stating that the team will attempt to re-sign Goran, Kyle knows of Moreys Intentions. un happy player-poor results, look at Lamar Odom,K Mart,C Bud.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's the type of great competitor that Lowry is. If he didn't feel this way I would be worried.

9. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

we could do Lowry+Scola for Gasol and possibly a top ten pick if we can find a 3rd team and maybe ship Patterson/Morris/Bud to that team.

10. micahhuebner

micahhuebner New Member

I got more and more frustrated as the season progressed about how much Lowry acted like a baby on the court, and now he's acting like a baby on the court. I will not be sad at all to see him gone.

11. micahhuebner

micahhuebner New Member

**OFF the court now.

12. jogo

jogo Member

Thank you, Lowry, for driving down your trade value. Your rep as a headcase has been solidified. I just hope we can get a decent return for your ass.

13. The Situation

The Situation Member

Another asset held on too long

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I've said it once, I'll say it a million times... rading Lowry just for the sake of keeping Dragic would be a terrible idea. It seems obvious that the best course of action would be to just trade Lowry for somebody that can fill another spot, but Lowry is going to be the better PG and he's already on an excellent contract.

Show an actual commitment to somebody for a change... and what better player to commit to than somebody that's willing to scratch, claw, and do whatever it takes to win?

1 person likes this.
  15. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

It is what it is as much as I love his game, it wont work if he feels he cant work with mchale.

trade him to Philly for Lou Willams.

Philly gets an expirenced player and Lowry would be happy being home leading that young Philly team

Houston gets a Young up and coming PG who can play behind Goran and share those minutes.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Par for the course for the Rockets and trade value... they can't trade a guy until his trade value has been completely torpedoed :)

Lowry's right though... not about McHale really (as far as I know), but about Dragic. Lowry isn't a backup point guard at this stage after what he's been able to do -- the Rockets were pushing for him to get All-Star votes just 3-4 months ago. Dragic is an unrestricted free agent and you're not keeping him with the promise of making him a backup. And it's a waste in so many ways to think you play two point guard together in order to keep them on the same lineup.

It's simple logic. You trade Lowry.

17. AXG

AXG Member

I liked Lowry as a backup. He played like he had a chip on his shoulder. After he became the starter, I think he started feeling entitled and became too much of a whiner.

18. Pringles

Pringles Member

I see what you are saying, but then we would lose Dragic for nothing.

If we keep Dragic, than we can get something of value for Lowry.

Lowry is my favorite current Rocket, but he is not a franchise player unfortunately.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can you imagine less than a year ago Lowry was largely considered untouchable. What a change of events. SMH.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Orlando will love the guy. They will love him.