1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're Not Just One Player Away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drake Remoray, May 23, 2016.

1. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

Daryl Morey deserves some kind of 'Salesman of the Year' award for what he's been able to dupe Rockets supporters everywhere into believing.

Rudy T's Never Underestimate The Heart of a Champion mantra seems to have engrained itself into Rockets culture...much to the detriment of the current Houston Rockets.

Aren't you tired of, every off season, Morey telling you we're just that one missing piece away? We just need a little retooling and we'll be a contender...

Personally, I'm tired of perenially being on the 8, 9, 10 line every single season with 2 weeks remaining, with everyone hoping and praying for other teams to lose just so we can eeeeek out that #8 spot. What a pathetic basketball existence.

We have this 'Little engine that could' mindset in Houston, and it's only hurting us. What we need is a fresh start.

Enough already of the 'let's throw Les's bank account at the big name free agent' strategy every offseason and let's actually build this team for success long term.

Howard needs to go. James needs to go. We need to use Harden as a piece to help us get into the top half of the Lottery so we can finally draft that one piece we can begin to build around *cough* Kris Dunn.

The Rockets want Horford, Ryan Anderson, and Matthew Dellavedova this off season.

Good luck with that.

My guess is 7 seed and, yet another, 1st Round exit.

Disclaimer: I'm a YUGE Rockets fan, but I also want a team I can be proud of.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Get the quote right.

Rudy T never said NEVER, he said DON'T EVER.

1 person likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Blazing 'hot take' to start your posting career.

Welcome to the board.

5. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Welcome to ClutchFans, where all negativity is appreciated.

2 people like this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Where are all these new members and their terrible threads coming from... :(

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO...

8. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

We have been one player away (or good enough but injured) in a few years.

In fact, before this season started we thought we were one player away and that Ty Lawson was that player. Remember, we thought we had a deep team. Nobody could have really predicted that Jones, D-Mo, Brewer, Ariza, etc. all would have regressed so much and at the same time, or that Lawson would be as bad as he was.

The one time that really sticks out is the year we let Parsons out of his dirt cheap option. Had we kept Parsons for pennies and signed Lowry, I think that team would have won it all.

9. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

Terrible thread?

What about my opinion is wrong?

I'm deeeeeeply sorry about the misquote.

Do you expect all new members to rubber stamp all the mediocrity that is Morey's 'plan'?

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

[​IMG]

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Damn, fellas, looks like we got a guy here who only plays by one set of rules: his own.

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Welcome to ClutchFans.

13. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

Thanks.

Tough crowd around here.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well idk about you but the last couple of years I was watching we weren't sitting 8, 9, 10 hoping to eek in the playoffs. Last year sure, it was a complete disaster, but the two before that we were battling with the upper echelons of the west topping out at the 2 seed the previous year.

I understand the disappointment and frustration, we went from a really really big high by reading the WCF, brought back the same team and added what was perceived to be a top flight PG. It ended up blowing up in our face and thus we followed our really big hugh with a really big low and it has everyone in melt down mode.

This off season is a very dangerous one and your joining at a tumultuous time. Everyone is negative and everyone is blaming someone. Whether its harden because he was fat, Morey because he has no basketball background, Dwight for not being engaged, led for being too hands on, brewer because he sucks.

So the board is dividing on the blame game, people calling it dumb thread are likely Morey supporters and also likely harden protectors.

The ones agreeing are harden and Morey bashers.

The truth is we have a million of these threads already existing that bashes morey. Threads that say let Dwight go. Threads that say trade harden. So it would have been better if you posted in those threads.

1 person likes this.
  15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

You gotta have YUGE balls around here bro.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

If someone with giant e-peen makes this thread, praise would be shown everywhere! I'm not sticking up for the guy or this thread (no offense to OP or to Clutchfans) but there's a lot of e-peen riding around here.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

See, even if you do, then people will post about how your balls are too big. Stick to your opinions, stay firm in your beliefs, but be open to the idea you might be wrong. That's the only way to survive around here. Anyone who disagrees with me can rot in hell, or not.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We are one player away, but that player is KD - a pipe dream.

In reality we're probably one core player, a couple of very good role players and a great coach away from being a true contender for more than one year.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Props on the post man. YUGE guts to just say that.... I agree as well.

These Al Horford / Conley lovers need to understand that the 5-6th seed is nothing diff than the 8th seed and out.

Leslie Alexander however will never tolerate a losing season. We need new blood.

Catch ya on the yother side yrooooooo!

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Gonna act like OP didn't just suggest trading Harden so we can draft Kris freaking Dunn. Nope.