1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official "Dolph Schayes - Forever A Breh" Draft 2015/16

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, Dec 11, 2015.

?

What format do you want for the draft?

1. All-Time Draft

55.6%
  2. Current Draft, no restrictions (except for salary)

44.4%
  3. Decade Draft (post the preferred decade in the comments)

77.8%
  4. Current Draft with restrictions (eg one conference or strict cap)

33.3%
  5. Other (specify in comments)

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The legend Dolph Schayes died and I think we all have very fond memories of his role in our drafts.

[​IMG]

I think this is the perfect time for another of our Breh drafts, Dolph would've wanted it to be a way of celebrating his life.

So, who's in and what format would ya want?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I voted yes for everything because I miss the brehs.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Oh wow, rest in peace, Mr. Dolph.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I'm for all time or decade. Or maybe just pre-2000s, all decades until 2000s.

Actually yep, I would prefer a bunch of decades pre-2000, or pre-1990 rather than a single decade, since we did a decade not long ago.

I don't want current because Steph Curry is the best player of all time by far, and he wins against anyone.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Also I want the draft to include 1970s, because I've been on a binge of 1970s games this summer, so I want to draft some of these people. I already loved Rick Barry, but I've added a bunch of favorite players from that period. My opinion on a few guys shifted just radically.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Got to love Europa league, many of these teams from smaller countries may not have big TV deals, but atmosphere and crowds are still fantastic. I'm rooting for Sporting or Porto or a Turkish team to take it this year.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Oops, the last one went into the wrong thread.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I imagine decade would be interesting but only 80s and up since, well nobody was probably around to watch 70s and below without watching highlight games.

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

90s is my preference. I'm just not interested in doing an all-time draft.

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

When is the last time there was a current draft? Last year?

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

CBA players only draft.

12. LCAhmed

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

9 people voted, plus oelman that makes us 10.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Whichever decade we do, I pick Steph Curry, because Curry transcends time.

Tbh, I'm not sure how many of the voters are really in for a draft, some new names there and they didn't say anything in the thread.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Whenever I think of Curry, I keep remembering a big argument I had on the Pacers board about Curry a number of years ago. Guys were arguing if Curry could get better than Danny Granger,I said that Curry is much better already, and deservedly I got a lot of flak for it -- one doesn't talk **** about legends like Granger on a Pacers board. But man, how times have changed.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

All time and decade drafts will be the same as they always were. We haven't done a draft from this season yet, which would surely be the newest thing possible with the most margin for surprises. I don't really understand the logic here. Just not into spending time drafting all time at this juncture so I'd have to pass if that were the case.

18. LCAhmed

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Current drafts have become boring to me a long time ago, although I can't find a clear reason. Maybe it's that these are players we watch all the time anyway, so it's more mundane.

Or maybe it's because those draft are more about getting best available players, while in all time drafts best available is pretty murky, especially after second round, and it's more about fit.

Or there just seems to be more lopsided trades in current drafts due to people getting bored or making cap mistakes, which kills the mood. Also drama, for some reason someone always loses his **** in currents and it becomes a ****ing kindergarten.

Many reasons, but I only enjoyed the first few current drafts I did, after that it just felt annoying and I did it more because of the whole breh thing. It's why I keep getting excited for various new weird formats before drafts, I can't stomach current drafts anymore. I'm always up for an all time, though, or new ideas.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member