1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Boston Celtics and their 8 2016 Draft Picks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, May 24, 2016.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder if Boston would be able to sign both KD and Horford, AND keep that #3 pick.

LeBron would no longer be a guaranteed lock to represent the East in the Finals, anymore.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Offer them to the 28 other teams. See who will bite. Okay, so they all reject you. So what? ;)

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah. I think the reason some don't want to hear that, is because the scenario the next summer will be pretty similar to this summer relative to the salary cap. It's going to jump big again.

Meaning, we're again not talking about the Rockets as one of 5-8 teams with cap room, but as one of 20+.

But it is what it is. Les isn't going to "tank", even if he has the opportunity to do so and IMMEDIATELY get the result of tanking.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Exactly.

5. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Durant is not leaving dont be naive

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Exactly. People always seem to forget this. Based on risk alone, this would be one of the worst trades in NBA history. NEVER trade a superstar for draft picks alone. It's even questionable to trade just a 'star' player for the #1 pick unless there's a once-in-a-generation player on the board

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

welp, now that we know who our HC is, those draft picks look pretty good since we'll be pretty much tanking.

9. LCAhmed

Rumor is Philly willing to trade Okafor for #3 pick. Boston wants more though. This coming from Chad Ford's Blog. Sorry, can't link story because of work computer.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

No idea why Philly wants to give up on Okafor after 1 year. U have Noel & Embidd who are nothing compared to him.

11. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

I don't understand what Philly is doing at all. They want to trade either Noel or Okafor so they can start Embiid who hasn't played a game in his life? I wouldn't trade Noel or Okafor. I'd start them and have Embiid come off bench and see what works best and then trade the odd man out after the season is over for a guard

12. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

I don't like this move for the Sixers. I think this works out for the Celtics if they don't give up too much

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey needs to purchase Boston's first pick in 2nd round. All those 2nd rounders will mean jack because they won't make a team with so many 1st rounders, would have to stash almost all of them.

Morey was right, acquiring picks, especially from meatballs who have so many in one draft, is cake.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If I were Morey I would try to slide in and offer Corey Brewer and a 2020 2nd rounder for the 3rd pick.

15. malakas

malakas Member

LOL at Boston. They tried to take advantage of two teams and in the end had to use every single of their oh so valuable assets to get back 1 wing who can't shoot or dribble, and 2 stash players and a future lottery protected pick 3 years later.
    Where is the superstar that every Boston fan and media were so sure they would get?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

They are going to rob Chicago for Butler, sign Durant, sign Horford. — Boston homer Chris Mannix probably

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lol at the guy wanting to trade harden for 8 draft picks. That would be a more lopsided trade than the one that we got Harden in.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So who the F did they draft with their 8 picks.

Chances are most here wouldn't know at least 75% of those players

This draft was very underwhelming with nobodies everywhere

19. what

what Member

All I can say is it's good to be a team run by a former Celtics castaway: Chris Wallace had the inside track on those 2nd rounders.

20. LCAhmed

Bill Simmons' tweets are all you need to read to see how bad Boston did. Can't link because work comp. But hopefully someone fills in.