1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jerome Solomon on Andersen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. cuddie

cuddie Member

That piece seems incomplete, as if he rushed to get it finished.

3. tomato

tomato Member

Now that he calls Houston his home, David Andersen slows his roll

4. Garner

Garner Member

someone load the boy's iPod with some screwed and chopped

5. HPD

HPD Member

good read..

what are the REAL figures on David Andersen?

height?
    weght?
    wing span?
    standing reach?

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He did not show up to the NBA pre-draft camp in 2002

7. Coca Cola Scola

Solomon needs to go into detail about Anderson's game. He basically has half a line from a scout that says he shouldn't need too much adjustment. But, what else did the scout say?

8. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Probably could get more news/facts about David in this forum then with his article. :D

9. slick

slick Member

I love the picture with the stripe's shadows, he looks like a giraffe! Besides, I would prefer a close-up on the fiance :cool:

10. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

"He seems like the poster boy for the little team of underdogs that hopes to match the big boys on guile and hustle."

Wouldn't that be Chuck Hayes? Anderson would be the foreign guy with the funny accent used primarily for comic relief in an "Underdog Sports Movie..."

7-0, 235lbs...?

If he starts at Center, Rick Adelman AND Darrel Morey should be fired.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Chuck should start? Mr. "Double off of me all game b/c I have no offense"????

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Look, I love Chuck's defense, rebounding and hustle, but we simply don't have enough offensive weapons for him to be in the starting lineup. I love the Chuckwagon, but he needs to keep coming off the bench

12. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Chuck would probably start until Andersen gets use to the NBA. The team needs offensive options and it would come from the other positions. The center position is still the biggest mystery. Will the players brought in and forced to play this position have at least a decent contribution to help try to win games?

13. Blake

I understand to not expect much offense from the Center position, but Chuck? Most players you at least have to somewhat cover because they can actually make a shot. Chuck cannot (outside of his cuts to the basket) and therefore teams always exploit him and we have to play 4-on-5. That's fine with the second unit, but as far as starting...I certainly hope not

14. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

To everyone who keeps bringing up the "It's like playing 4-on-5 with Chuck and noone guards him" argument...

[​IMG]

We have already addressed this and teams do guard him. How else do you explain The Rockets taking The Lakers to a game 7 WITH Chuck Hayes in the starting lineup?

The fact that they will possibly hand the starting job to Anderson AFTER what Chuck was able to do against The Lakers is disrespectful and a slap in the face. Anderson should be the starting center IF he can take the job from Chuck, not when Rick Adelman and Daryl Morey give it to him.

It's Chuck Hayes' ****ing job to lose.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You just may be the only Chuck Hayes fan on the planet who dislikes Daryl Morey.

If you had to choose, who'd you rather see as our starting frontline: Hayes and Scola, or Andersen and Hayes?

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think burnnotice has a lot of pent up anger. :) Honestly, I think one thing is correct, depending on how Andersen performs in practice, Chuck may start there at the beginning of the season.

But then that means Scola has to jump center (poor guy).

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I would expect Ariza to jump center in that case. Battier might not be a bad option either.

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Hmm You're right I didn't think about that. He is just as tall with more leap than Scola.

19. Blake

Once again, I will preface my statement by stating that I am a big Chuck fan. Love his hustle, defense and energy and glad to have him on the team.

As far as his stats in the Lakers series...
    -2.9 points per game
    -4.6 rebounds per game

the games with Yao out:
    -4.5 points
    -5.7 rebounds

Not starting center material if you ask me...plus he is undersized. If we have to start him, then so be it. But your foregone conclusion that it's his "right" to start at center is preposterous

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think Chuck should play more minutes, starting is irrelevant.

Chuck is our best post defender, he hustles, takes charges, and he rebounds at a good rate (his numbers might be low but his minutes are spotty). And, his size is not an issue for our team. Andersen may be taller but everyone is saying his defense is poor and he's physically weak. I doubt he does anything better than Hayes defensively.