1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Trade suggestion

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 45souf, Oct 22, 2014.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/tom-brady-retire-new-england-patriots-suck

Granted, coming to Houston might take the piss n' vinegar out of him, but he sounds like a man who wants to be taken off the field on a stretcher.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They can trade him anywhere they want; this isn't baseball - there's no 10/5 rule.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Technically the Texans have the right to trade him any where they want but realistically I don't think a team would trade for him unless he wants to be there. Who wants a grumpy old receiver at that price tag who doesn't want to buy in to the new system and team... Whichever team that would trade for AJ _ would probably contact AJ (or his agent) 1st and ask if "It's ok" and probably if he will restructure his contract... Just my opinion though.

4. today

today Contributing Member

I doubt it would happen, but I would keep AJ and offer multiple picks for Brady. IMO with Brady we could get to the Super Bowl this year.

5. Hey Now!

And as with so, so many of your opinions, it is wrong. Teams are not allowed to contact contracted players - unless the Texans permit it, which they wouldn't.

The Texans can trade him anywhere they'd like; what he does once he's there is no longer the Texans' concern.

6. Hey Now!

If he leaves, I have no doubt he'd want to pull a Manning and have a robust second act. If he's available, I think the Texans should throw everything they have at the guy.

7. Remii

Remii Member

And how do you know that... Did you just call McNair and asked him:confused:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Texans let AJ's agent do the leg work on finding a trade partner and or include them in the trade talks.

Again, technically the Texans can trade AJ anywhere they like _ but you have to have a partner to dance with... And more than likely no team would trade for AJ without confirmation from him 1st _ especially if they want him to restructure his contract and also after AJ held out this past season with rumours of retirement.

But you could be right and my opinion is wrong. I don't have Uncle Bob's number like you do.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Imagine the buzz of the Texans finally having a top level qb. That would be kick ass.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

I can imagine the Texans passing on a top QB again. :grin:

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Brees, Manning, and Brady?? Say it ain't so :grin:

11. Hey Now!

Which part? You bolded a lot... the prime example of tinkering that the league has mandated it'll strike down? Or the Texans not allowing another team access to AJ? If the later, it's basic common sense: why would you give up all the leverage by letting your player/agent dictate the trade? What if Jacksonville wants to give them a #1? You don't let players run your organization.

Again, why? How does that benefit the Texans?

The Texans don't - or shouldn't - care a lick about any of that; if they're willing to deal him, they will dictate the terms. Whatever he might, or might not do, once traded should be of zero concern to the Texans.

12. Remii

Remii Member

If a team trades for AJ and he retired they are screwed. If a team trades for AJ and he doesn't restructure his contract they are possibly screwed.

The Texans will possibly be in a pay or cut situation with AJ because of his cap hit and everybody knows it. Which puts the Texans not in a position to play hard ball. Because if it leaks out of AJ's camp that he won't restructure his contract _ he'll probably be just as hard to trade as D-Jax was for Philly and teams would just wait for the Texans to cut him because they will probably have to.

But maybe you're right and a team would trade for AJ who is known to hold out and has a high price tag at that age without knowing what he's going to do. I was just giving my opinion and of course I could be wrong.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well he has thrown 5 TD's and it's only the 3rd quarter

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's a stupid trade because NE would never do it.