1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Concept) Houston Rockets 'Upbrand'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Aug 28, 2016.

1. dream2franchise

Hi all,

I've had this bubbling away for a while but never rally had a chance to do much with it until now. It's a concept for the Rockets but I tried to work within the confines of something Les would want to see, more of an evolution of the Rockets brand as it currently is than a complete overhaul (apologies to the ketchup and mustard crusaders. I'm with you in spirit!).

Anyways, here goes. Between working and family this is all I've managed to get up but I'm happy with the result nonetheless.

The rest of my stuff can be seen on behance.net. You all have yourselves a great day/evening.

https://www.behance.net/projectthirtyfour

I'm not sure how big or small these are going to appear, so apologies ahead of time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Anything is better than the current spacesuit uniforms. I do like the simplicity of your uniform design, though it reminds me of something another breh did years ago. The stripes on the side of the pants is much better.

I like your realistic approach in something le$ might approve. He'd have to send it to a focus group in China tho, before approving.

Can you edit in some checkered designs on the uniform and court?
    I think le$ would be happy with that.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You always do such amazing work. Props and repped.

I think these look really good especially considering it looks like Les won't switch it up entirely. A great twist on the current ones

4. dream2franchise

Here's a full size version but be warned, it is most certainly NOT a jpeg for ants.

[​IMG]

5. dream2franchise

Thanks, man. Appreciated!

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

What program do you use?

7. dream2franchise

Photoshop, Illustrator and Daz Studio for the jerseys. Daz is free, which helps.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think the gray on red is kind of hard to read.

1 person likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Appreciate the hard work. I like the designs, but would like to see some ketchup and mustard unis too.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Op, it's time for you to start getting your hustle on. I would suggest that you start researching contacts within the Rockets' org and over at Nike and flood them with your ideas. You never know what could happen.

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I like the grey and red court. Good stuff, thanks for sharing

12. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Really like the court design with the light parquet design. It reminds me of the championship era courts in color and the parquet gives it that something different. Also in favor of anything court related that gets rid of all the two toned stuff that seems to be en vogue in the leage today.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah honestly I thought the same thing. I think a white outline would do wonders. I didn't mention it because I couldn't think of a viable outline option for the home jersey.

14. Artestsuckskobe

I don't know why we talk about new uniforms and court ideas. Couldn't care less, I just wanna see us ball this year!

15. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP you always produce great work. Keep it up and like HR Dept said, it's time for you to hustle and get someone in the org to see your work.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Love some of the OPs work.

This isn't my favorite, other than to note, it is clearly a huge upgrade to what they have, given he constrained himself to stay within the same framework of what we currently have. I don't like what we currently have.

I love OPs compelte rebrands from a few years back.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Nice work.

I am 100% novice, 2 questions;

1) If I wanted to create something like say the Pixar Lamp animation, using a lamp created by someone else, could I do this entirely using Daz3D, or would I need additional software and what would I need?

2) If I wanted to take a 2D piece of Art, let's say it was a Van Gogh, and I wanted to try and make it a 3D piece of art, and then animate it, what software could do that?

18. CertifiedTroll

Les feels like this looks fun. No.

[​IMG]

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have been pretty hard on all of these mock up uniforms people have been posting, mostly because people have their nostalgia blinders on and the end result really isn't professional.

So kudos to OP for providing something that could REALISTICALLY be an option.

My only points of contention are:
    1) Probably should find a way to get the "R" on the short. Maybe on one short leg. The "R" is the mark and it can't be tucked away in the "R" on Rockets name on the jersey. Needs more prominence.

2) The grey lettering on the red uniforms is not a good match. I would recommend white lettering.

20. bmd

bmd Member

The only thing I like is the home white uniform.