1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Concept) Houston Rockets 'Upbrand'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Sure, i get that. But, are the Lakers and Celtics logos not terrible? Okay, the Celtics complete logo set is beautiful and timeless, but it started out a horrible drawing. They just had a slightly modern touch added to it through the decades to what it finally is today. Lakers slightly modernized their own as well.
    No reason why the old Rockets logo can't slightly be touched up for today's fit kind of like the Kings new logo. Everyone has been trying so hard to incorporate actual rocket ships into the logo that it might be better off for an alternate logo where it can be simplified. The Celtics have the shamrock, the Lakers just stuck with the boring primary logo as a guideline for the L through the basketball alt. logo. Knicks have their simple nYk roundel. Point is most of the league's classic or timeless logos are pretty damn plain, but they have history. Our logo had history too. 2 Championships in 3 appearances and what? 4 of the 50 greatest players ever suit up under that look for 23 years..

Pistons are a perfect example. They went back to a slightly touched up version of their old terrible logo. Now all signs point to adding another modern touch to that roundel logo which i might add looks great. Sometimes all you need to do is update to modern letters/script/wordmark.

Here i am again getting way too into a conversation that is ultimately pointless. As long as the Rockets are owned by Leslie Alexander, they will never dress like champions again.

2. dream2franchise

I'm all for a traditional looking logo that pays homage to the original. Just not directly using the original. Agree there.

Here's a great example where someone has modernised the Celtics logo. I think it's awesome.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/21755575/BOSTON-CELTICS-rebrand-design