1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

They could have stuck with Wade as the interim coach but didn't need to officially give him the post for the rest of the season until interviewing and possibly getting Kreis...unless they tried to talk to Kreis and he didn't want any part of the Dynamo?

Does anyone know if any of the Dynamo beat writers/MLS journo's in the know have discussed whether the Dynamo considered and talked to Kreis? If they did and Kreis rejected them then I can deal with that but if they never reached out to Kreis then that's no bueno.:mad:

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Some news...

Dynamo acquire Eric Alexander from Montreal

and apparently there's been overseas interest in Giles Barnes...

Barnes receiving interest from abroad

It appears the Dynamo aren't interested in moving Barnes, though. This season is toast and they need a complete rebuild. If they get an acceptable offer, I see no reason why they shouldn't move him.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Dynamo needs to build within, as in improve their academy. Is the goal keeper the only good academy player? He was an academy player, right?

4. ferrari77

The academy is just alright I guess. It could be better but in terms of talent, we won't know until they have a coach like Oscar Pareja in Dallas, that is willing to give the youth a chance to prove whether they're up to the task.
    Ibeagha, Bradley Bourgeois (recently releseased) and Christian Lucatero are all former Academy players.

I think all three will regret signing with the Dynamo prior to this season .

5. ferrari77

This does not compute for me. Mexico don't seem to be averse to selecting players that choose to ply their trade in MLS. Gio has been called up to the Mexican team since he signed with the LAG, he just chose not to accept, for whatever reason. His MLS career could be better, he hasn't been Giovinco but he hasn't been Pirlo either.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Gio's skill and speed have diminished. :eek:

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Giles traded to Whitecaps

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This team is just unwatchable now. Hope they come back strong in 2-3 years.

9. leroy

They have been since Dominic left. At least under him, you knew they had heart and always had a chance to win. They lost that when he left. Coyle was a terrible choice and Barrett is only making things worse.

I'm ok with this trade, though I think the return is a bit light. Next move needs to be the trade or outright release of Bruin.

There isn't a position of strength anywhere on the field right now. They could release the entire roster and coaching staff and I wouldn't shed a tear. Every position needs to be upgraded, all the way into the front office. It's going to be a long rebuild as they are currently at the same spot the Astros were in when Drayton decided to sell. No talent and aging roster with terrible coaching and little to nothing coming up from the youth ranks. It's a total rebuild that needs to be done. Is there a soccer version of Jeff Luhnow anywhere?

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Exactly how I feel, this team is BAD top to bottom. Beasley is the only guy on the team that is even a regular MLS starter and maybe Boniek as a utility player. Maybe Cubo too but who the hell knows, he literally never plays, which I still just don't get.

Dump everything, especially coaching staff

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What does it take to acquire star players?

12. leroy

Starts with a willingness to go after them. Outside of Beasley and Torres, the Dynamo have never been in the conversation about any of the marquee names that have come over. It seems as if they aren't even aware there's interest in a player wanting to come to the MLS.

A big part of it was AEG's ownership in the team. They clearly favored LA and appeared to have no interest in growing the Dynamo brand outside of downtown Houston. The thought was that dedicated ownership would change things but there has been absolutely no proof that's going to be the case. They need to make major changes in this off season or they're going to see attendance continue to decline dramatically. Houston is a bandwagon kind of town (with the exception of the Texans). If you aren't winning, people aren't coming.

I believe that they need to wipe the entire slate clean...from the top down. Cannetti has done a lot of good things for this club but it's been a long time since any move has paid off.

13. ferrari77

I think Leroy will definitely enjoy the thoughts on Will Bruin in this article

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2016/08/the-tragedy-in-erick-cubo-torres/

14. leroy

Didn't really give Bruin the lashing he deserves for being on the level of a rec soccer player just learning how to play the game at age 62.

1 person likes this.
  15. leroy

One small step forward (first road win of the year at San Jose) and 2 big steps back (tie to weakened Seattle team at home and another home curb stomping by dallas).

There can't possibly be any way that Wade Barrett gets to stay on after this season...is there?

16. ferrari77

Lol no absurd decision is impossible for the Dynamo FO right now. I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if they do retain him.

17. Beavis Stiffler

I just realized that despite last night's loss to Dallas, the Dynamo still won the Texas Derby. Since the season series is tied (1-1-1), they own the tiebreaker due to aggregate goals scored (Dynamo won 1st game 5-0, tied 2nd game 1-1, and lost the 3rd game 1-3. Overall: 7-4). That means "El Capitan" cannon is returning to Houston.

[​IMG]

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

19. Beavis Stiffler

Hey SwoLy-D, are you going to watch the Dynamo-Chivas game on Sunday. I heard there might be thousands of Guadalajara fans in Houston. I'm gonna skip going there and watch it at home because I don't want to get into fights with some Chivas fans.:eek: