1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

How Clutchfans got screwed out of a great recap opportunity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

So a couple of months ago, a friend of mine invites me to come see the Rockets-Wizards game with him. He and his buddy have 5 games out of a group season-ticket plan. I'd get his buddy's seat for $75. I say yes.

Two days before the game, another friend emails me to say he's got a spare seat, too. I know friend #2 is pretty loaded, so his seats are probably better. But I already made my promise to friend #1, and I don't want to leave him in the lurch. So I tell friend #2 I can't go with him.

I go to the game. Our seats are in the corner behind the Wizards cheerleaders, close to courtside but as far from the Rockets bench as possible.

This afternoon I run into friend #2. I tell him I'm sorry I couldn't go with him and that I was looking for him and couldn't find him. He tells me his seats were right behind the visitors' bench. I mean, RIGHT behind the bench.

Then he asks where I was. Over in the far corner, I say. "Oh," he says. "Those are Noam's seats." Yeah, I tell him -- I went with Chris, who sold me Noam's seat.

He laughs. "Noam sat with me," he says.

How do you like that. Out of loyalty, I took the crappy seat of the guy who took the great seat I could have had.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

LoL Great story.

3. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

PICS????? :cool:

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Well, the important question...

Were at least the cheerleaders hot? :D

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Chris went for the blonde on the far right. I preferred the brunette on the left. She put hips and eyes into every thrust.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I like the way you think, Will! :)