1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato targeting December 16th for return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JR, Nov 30, 2000.

1. JR

JR Contributing Member

See today's Chronicle.

Over / under on next multi-game inactive stint (not necessarily IR): 8 games

------------------

2. Sane

Sane Member

Cato comeback?

Rockets center Kelvin Cato's rehabilitation has gone so well that he has set the Rockets' Dec. 16 home game against the Nuggets as a target date for his return from a high ankle sprain that has kept him out since the season's second game.

"So far, so good," Cato said. "I'm just glad the hard part is over, when I was going through the rehab part. I'm going to start my conditioning later this week, and hopefully I can be back on the 16th. That's my target date. I don't know what the doctors say. I'm thinking I can play on the 16th at full strength.

"If I keep working the way I am, if Missy (Leget, the Rockets' assistant trainer) keeps pushing me through my rehabs, and (strength coach Anthony) Falsone keeps pushing me through my workouts, I think I'll be right there."

Rockets trainer Keith Jones said a Dec. 16 return date is very realistic.

"He's been lifting, working really hard," Jones said. "He's done really well every day with Anthony. I think he's starting to enjoy it. He's been walking around without a shirt on."

Two weeks is too long without a backup and a fasting Hakeem....

------------------