1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Man Who Sold The World

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #34, Jul 15, 2014.

#34 Member

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-man-who-sold-the-world-3df16d8b754a

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This guy(the writer) is a long time hater of Morey. I seen his posts on another website and he's been hatin on Morey since at least 2010.

He said Houston would never get a superstar with Morey and once they got harden and then Howard he claimed luck not knowing the situation Morey had to deal with in 09 with two franchise players who would never be franchise players again.

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

It sounds like a MOH. He goes out of his way to mock all of Moreys bad decisions and forgets that we avoided a rebuild through the draft by utilizing the asset acquiring methods of money ball. Plus not matching the parsons contract is more about the contract than the player.

4. bmd

bmd Member

What a piece of crap article.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Why is the world acting like this man wasn't a desperate Hail Mary 5 year 118 million dollar offer from Miami away from putting together arguably the best team in the NBA? It didn't work out, but he was in position to cash in. Bosh opted for familiarity and more money. The team as constructed before wasn't a serious contender. What he did ultimately didn't work out, but this man isn't one to sit on his laurels. He is a hustler and he'll eventually make another great move. There will probably be a lot of smaller seemingly insignificant moves before then, but he will keep working. We could be sitting around being content with last year like teams like Portland and Toronto or overpaying players like Dallas, but he is going for true difference makers that he feels can have us holding up that elusive trophy.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

You can't touch this

[​IMG]

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thank goodness I didn't click the link.

1 person likes this.
  8. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

he's right. morey really hasnt done much of anything when it comes to results.

9. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

He's right. Why is Morey a genius again? I've asked this question all offseason and nobody seems to have a legit answer

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's always refreshing to read an article about the NBA/Rockets by someone who doesn't really understand or follow what they are writing about.

And since when is Parsons' nickname "Chandsome"?

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL the cult worshipers in here up with pitchforks, clicking the 1 star rating as fast as they can.

Great article from Simmons, a guy I rarely agree with. Truth hurts sometimes, doesn't mean you just cut yourself off from reality...which A LOT of people on this site are doing.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

And Harden's nickname is "Heliflopter"? WTF

13. bmd

bmd Member

lol... I was wondering the same thing.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So are LosPollosHermanos, GoRox, and theFreak members of the Morey hating cult? Who makes a "top posters in the GARM" list? How tacky. Should have called it "posters in the GARM who have the same opinion that I do."

15. torocan

torocan Member

So uh, why is he posting a blog post by a person who isn't a reputable writer?

Might as well go trolling for fan posts on BR...

1 person likes this.
  16. dream2franchise

I just wish we could wait until opening night to decide who the 'winners and losers' of the offseason are. This is getting ridiculous.

If we all agree that Morey had no choice letting Parsons out of his contract due to some agreement with Fagan, then it essentially comes down to the question of whether Parsons is worth 15 Million as our 3rd best player. Morey said no and many GM's would make the same choice.

We tried Parsons as our third best player this season, we've seen what it looks like, and he wanted to be paid MORE than Harden next season?

I liked Parsons game a lot here, but is he almost twice the player Ariza is? I don't think so.

Morey deserves credit for taking our team from the Yao era to Dwight/Harden in three seasons.

He rarely loses out on a trade, and if he lets a talented player go he is almost always replaced by a better one down the line.

We traded Lowry because he couldn't handle being outplayed by Dragic, and for Lowry we obtained a key piece in the Harden trade.

I could be wrong on this, but the player option Dragic sought would have hindered our ability to sign Dwight, no? Morey wanted Goran, but he wanted a crack at Dwight more and it paid off.

Lin was signed before we obtained Harden, so the direction of the team was completely different until that point.

Look at the team Morey built around Yao in 2009. Just look at that roster. He's a bonafide GM.

No GM is perfect, even San Antonio handed us Luis Scola, and we made out like bandits in the OKC trade when Harden was a player WORTH paying for considering they were coming off a finals appearance, not a first round exit.

Genius gets thrown around too much, but he's an excellent GM. Aggressive, creative, rational and driven to put together a championship team. I'd just wait until we know what team we have on opening night, or even after the trade deadline.

Let it play out.

17. dream2franchise

Apologies for all the one liners too. Text field showed me otherwise.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You're right. We just had the 4th most wins in franchise history, but he hasn't done a thing :rolleyes:

I hate that we lost to Portland as well - but we haven't been entering a season with 2 fit superstars in their prime since - ever.
    Do we not still have full MLE to spend?

Let's just wait a few more weeks before publicly slaughtering him

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Simmons? Did you even read the article?

1 person likes this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep. Morey doesn't get judged on his results for some reason. He's working on building a champion though, just one more year! Morey, are we there yet? Are we there yet? Just a bit farther guys.