1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texas college student helps African conservation and wildlife; ignorant liberals are furious with he

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jul 4, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

100% legal hunts, employing local Africans as trackers, protecting African farmers' animals, conserving African treasured species for future generations. And of course liberals are furious over this due to their ignorance. They jumped to the conclusion that she's simply trophy hunting. Classic example of liberals not interested in the facts.

http://www.people.com/article/kendall-jones-texas-cheerleader-african-hunting-photos-controversy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kendall Jones, 19, makes no apologies for her hunting hobby, and talks earnestly on her Facebook page about hunting the Big 5 game animals in Africa, which include the lion, elephant, Cape buffalo, leopard and white/black rhinoceros.

"In 2008, (age 13) I took my second trip to Africa to start my Big 5 experience," she writes on Facebook. "The first animal I ever shot was a White Rhino with a .416 Remington!! On this trip I also took some plains game, such as impala, kudu and mountain reedbuck home."

The Texas Tech cheerleader also wrote on Facebook that she had inked a development deal in January to create a new series based on her favorite sport.
    The photos have created a furor on her Facebook page.

"Not only does killing this individual lion shows a disrespect for Africa and its iconic creature, but this one lion's death could have many negative implications for its pride and the ecosystem," wrote another poster.

Jones also has her supporters online, who point out the potential benefits of hunting overseas.

"Hunting tourism in Africa has brought many species back from near extinction returned mass parcels of farmland back to bush, takes poaching nearly to zero all paid for by the Hunter," writes one poster.

Jones also addressed the controversy last Wednesday, while posting a photo of a white rhino she darted during a "green" hunt.

"While all of the ANTI Hunters were hiding behind a computer writing repulsive comments and issuing death threats to me, well I was out doing a White Rhino Green Hunt. I darted a white rhino and the Vet drew blood samples, DNA profile, cleaned out and medicated a leg wound and gave several shots of antibiotics. The Rhino woke up great and will now be a part of a DNA databank fighting against anti-poaching. Again doing my part in conservation to make a difference."

2. Nook

Nook Member

Hunting tourism is the only thing that realistically save many African species. Hunters pump major money into Africa to have the right to hunt some of these species.

I have no idea what kind of person she is, but it doesn't bother me that she is a hunter. If it bothers others so much, they can pay the cost.

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like how the 19 year old college student has a manager.

That writer needs to go back to college as well. Terribly written (from the people website, I understand what you posted is not the full thing).

I am not into hunting but otherwise don't care at all what she does but I do think it is funny that she is trying to defend her killing of animals by talking about how one time she just darted one to help with research. Well, yeah, that is cool but you are still killing the other animals. Again, more power to her, but that is bad logic.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

would hit, k thx bye

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have no problems with hunters who eat the meat or use the animal/hunting for practical purposes. Just to hunt for the trophy sickens me.

6. bigtexxx

Good so you approve of her -- she's not just hunting "for the trophy", despite what the knee-jerk crowd automatically assumes.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

How is this anyway a partisan issue what in the f?

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Note the OP.

One or two people disagree or even care about some news item he can find (not that this really constitutes "news") and it's time to pin the tail on the democratic donkey once again.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

last week's news.

it looks like the conservative crowd is mad at the so called liberal hypocrisy.

this is, of course, created by the media.

and I bet you would be mad if I told you I don't give a crap what she does and couldn't care less.

I support her right to hunt big game lions and do not assume she is trophy hunting.

this is only a piece of the puzzle.

but you should have led with the Matt Walsh blog.

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Meh, she's a predatory type, they're better off venting it out on animals then humans I suppose.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Conservation by killing. Conservatives are work. Coming to a nursing home near you.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This kind of reminds me of a friend who beats his wife, because he "loves her so much."

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Meh, that lion was probably old as hell and selected specifically for her to satisfy her sick pleasures of murdering a beautiful animal.

But the money her daddy paid the Africans does go to conservation effort and that one lion was gonna die soon so it won't affect the overall wild population.

there's really no real downside to this whole business, the conservation is financed by rich Americans' sick fetish of wanting to shoot helpless exotic animals with a rifle, sacrificing a few animals will conserve endangered animals, and help fend off poachers.

14. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

So you can rape and pillage as long as you donate money to a cause? Is that how the conservative brain works?

15. bigtexxx

Not sure how protecting farmers' animals and tranquilizing animals so they can receive treatment qualifies as "rape and pillage"...

16. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Baleeted!

Wtf am I doing? Have a happy 4th!

17. bigtexxx

educate yourself on the topic, son. take the time to dig deeper, don't just be lazy

18. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

man it was funner when you were trawling through black hair forums for **** to post about, this is like an article about a Facebook page LOL.

my facebook page too contains a lot of haters. haters gon hate.

it's wack for me to have sympathy with some random ****ing girl who has the world in her hands and decides to kill animals as a passion, but I'm not gonna be the asshat who posts death threats on her page, or the million other pages around cause well it's the Internet, and everyone is mad everywhere.

19. bongman

bongman Member

She definitely PRO LIFE

20. solodolo

solodolo Member

Hopefully somebody kills her & takes a picture holding her dead white body & smiles

would be pretty sick.