1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legalize Citizens Bashing America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CheezeyBoy22, Mar 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First off, I wanted to say I'm not trying to start a thread bashing any other nationality. I also know we have several natural born citizens that bash America all day.

Lately, I've ran into several people not born from this country bashing America every chance they get. I take night classes at night with predominantly foreign students. I've notice that every chance they get they bash America. They seem to state what's wrong with America, how American people don't have morals, how lazy we are and etc. Basically stating that America isn't a good country.

I tend to hold me tongue because as you know, politics can get very ugly. So last night I finally had enough of their talk. So I simply told them, "That's enough with the America bashing. If you don't like our country soo much then why are you here. No one is forcing you to be here. Last time I check Nigeria wasn't soo much better than America." Well my professor was trying to kick me out of the class because he said I was a racist. My professor happens to be Italian and he starts talking about America as well after I made my comment. In the end, I told him that he could lose his job by letting these conversations take place in the first place.

I have no problem with people coming to America. I know America isn't perfect and we have our flaws but this is totally wrong. If these people have that many problems with our country then why are they here? Why must they bash a country that protects their beliefs? I tend to think these people don't appreciate what they have here in America. Go to someone else's country and pull that crap. You couldn't get away with it.

So my question to you guys. How do you guys handle this situation? Do you see this regularly or not? And overall, how do you feel about this?

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

All 48 contiguous states, with the exception of West Virginia, should be returned back to the Cherokee, Iroquois, Seminole, etc, etc Nations and Tribes. Let the Polynesians have Hawaii and the Inuit get Alaska. Leave West Virginia for the Hillbillies. And all the rest of us ~350 million trespassers will just have to relocate to Iraq and Madagascar.

1 person likes this.
  3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That does get annoying, I'm glad you said something

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

The beauty of this country, is that you're allowed to criticize this country

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Cue Corey Hart song?

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Are they American or not?

7. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

It does. You get tired of hearing crap all day.

8. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

LOL I guess so.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is the greatest thing about America. that you have the freedom to do that.

10. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

To answer your question. They live here legally in America but they aren't born here.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Pardon my ignorance, but if a citizen is bashing America, aren't they already legal? Why would you want to legalize someone who is already a citizen?

Maybe I'm reading your title wrong. Perhaps you meant to say you are in favor of citizens bashing America and would like it to be legal for such actions to happen. However, this is already the case, as freedom of speech is included in the Bill of Rights.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I think you did the right thing.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

That does not mean they are naturalized citizens, they could be PR or green card carriers. Just like you could live in China or Europe and still be a US citizen.

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If you're here visiting (student or work visa, etc), essentially benefiting from this country, and you're running your mouth, then you're a douchenozzle and deserve a good verbal smackdown.

But whether you're a citizen or not, you're still protected under the law to voice your opinion without getting beaten or thrown in jail.

Culturally aware and civically active people being critical of the country and having high standards is fine and keeps this country great, being a lazy, smarmy, hypocritical douche, however, not so much.

16. Dan B.

Dan B. Member

Perhaps they are here because assholes in Nigeria made their life a living hell for being too critical

17. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

What I'm talking about are individuals that are not born here but come here either through greencards, visas, or the legal process. Maybe I should of been more clearer on what I was stating.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Umm, where you're born is really not important. You could be born on a plane. Are they American citizens or passport holders?

19. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Well that's the thing though. They probably do this majority of the time in class. I understand we have freedom of speech but there comes a time when enough is enough. You can't keep blasting America because we don't follow the muslim way. That was one of the main issues from last night. She spoke about how in Nigeria the men have several wives and how America should adopt this. Then she went on to say that Americans are hypocrits because we don't follow this.

20. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

They are passport holders.