1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014] Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mhch720, Jan 14, 2014.

1. mhch720

mhch720 Member

New year, new thread...

Standout 2013 releases
    Acid Rap - Chance the Rapper
    Yeezus - Kanye West
    My Name is My Name - Pusha T
    Run the Jewels EP - Run the Jewels (Killer Mike & El-P)
    Old - Danny Brown
    Watching Movies with the Sound Off - Mac Miller

Anticipated Albums of 2014
    Oxymoron - Schoolboy Q
    Lord$ - A$AP Mob
    B4.Da.$$ - Joey Bada$$
    King Push - Pusha T

All of these plus expected albums from Kendrick, Kanye, Chance, Pharrell, maybe Outkast/Andre 3k, Action Bronson, Mac Miller, Ab-Soul, Nas, Pharrell and Frank Ocean. 2014 looks to be another solid year for hip hop.

2. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I thought MMLP2 - Eminem was pretty solid. Even Jay-Z's album had some bangers.

3. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Also...

Andre and Big Boi have confirmed they will be performing at 40 music festivals worldwide. We already know they're headed to Coachella. Big Boi was at the 3rd Free Press Summer Fest here in Houston... I'm thinkin there's a solid chance we see Outkast at FPSF this summer.

4. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

A lot of good stuff from last year left off that list:

-J.Cole - Born Sinner
    -Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail
    -Blue Chips 2 - Action Bronson

Also the Drake album wasn't that bad - it wasn't exactly hip hop but for what it was, it delivered exactly what was expected.

5. mhch720

mhch720 Member

Yeah, I just didn't want to make a laundry list of albums haha. Some of the other ones i liked were...

Doris - Earl Sweatshirt
    Saaab Stories & Blue Chips 2 - Action Bronson
    MMLP 2 - Eminem
    Long.Live.A$AP - A$AP Rocky
    Trap Lord - Ferg

BTI, NWTS & Born Sinner were all pretty meh to me.

6. mhch720

mhch720 Member

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I'm hoping for that but I'm guessing it will be ACL. It's the biggest in Texas and if they do that I don't think they can do FPSF or FFF fest. They just announced they are doing the Firefly Music Festival. :)

Wherever they play I'm there. Already bought tickets for ACL and FPSF and I will be front row.

Also only heard a couple of songs off Termanology CD put whatever Statik has a hand in I'm sold on it.
    <iframe src='http://www.audiomack.com/embed3/nahright/set-it-off?c1=fc881e&bg=f2f2f2&c2=222222' scrolling='no' width='100%' height='144' scrollbars='no' frameborder='0'></iframe>

8. mhch720

mhch720 Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/VZHks316GBw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/VZHks316GBw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

One of the best songs off of Old imo

9. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I have a decent feeling that Outkast will be at FPSF. I thought they might be too big, but they are headlining some fest called Big Guava in Florida too, and that looks smaller scale then Free Press. I am not sure they will be at ACL though, they said this tour is Spring and Summer, and ACL is in the Fall.

I won't be back at Free Press though (even though ive been every year since 2010), festival was a huge cluster**** last year with absolutely terrible crowds and I told myself I wouldn't go back unless they somehow pulled out the greatest lineup ever. I'm hoping Bonnaroo pulls Outkast because I might go to that, and I need to see Outkast somewhere.

Last year was pretty good for rap. Some stand-out releases from Yeezus, Danny Brown, El-P and Killer Mike, Drake, and Chance the Rapper. I've really gotten into Chance lately, I hope he is at Bonnaroo because I'd like to see him. His Warehouse Live show back in November sold out too fast

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

best statik beat ive heard tbh.. term is dope most of the time..

11. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol its not a statik beat, no wonder i liked it.. statik did the cuts..

12. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I thought the Ghostface Killah album with Adrian Younge was pretty underrated. Hoping for a better year for rap next year. I'd probably only recommend three or four albums all last year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/USd3ay54C3g?start=32" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sc7OgcUr-NE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Unjj5aRtsRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I'm so ridiculously excited for the new Schoolboy Q album. Every song released so far has been fantastic

16. mhch720

mhch720 Member

What's everyone think so far? I only got the 12 track leak. I really like it, lots of bangers.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

links?

18. mhch720

mhch720 Member

Oops didn't see this until now, usually you can just search on Twitter "albumname".zip

Plus there's toms or torrents on torrentz and Piratebay already.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

have you ever heard of laziness?