1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014] Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mhch720, Jan 14, 2014.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Sh## was dope. Sounded like a Gang Starr song.

First song is Easy Rider from Action Bronson debut Mr. Wonderful. Really liked the production on the song and just love how he can bounce from a number of producers and still have a great song. The other is KRIT's song Pay Attention. It's not my favorite but I understand that he has to have a radio single. It's not bad and the fact that he didn't produce the song made me nervous when he mentioned that earlier last year, but it turned out fine.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bT0NQAM0xWw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b3G-4DxK6dM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

All I Need Is You - Lecrae

This song apparently is the first Christian hip hop song to make #1 in iTunes. He is also a local talent. Song is awesome, posted youtube vid in the music thread.

I like Cool Kids and Sir Michael Rocks just dropped his solo album. Lupe Fiasco's new album due this month.

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

old comment but thought I'd reply anyways. Your pretty spot on, but I do enjoy his music quiet a bit. Camp and 3005 were great, and he has some nice mix tapes too. But he should definitely be the rapper that does there own thing and everyone can agree is good, rather than the "I AM GREATEST ALIVE!" bull**** that rappers keep trying.

4. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Check out this guy's channel:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MhWiwLFXAO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OQ4G2YUnQvM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

My iTunes game has been weak lately... anybody got any good suggestions for songs or mix tapes? I don't care if it's from 2014 or not, just need to find some new music and websites like goodmusicallday and thissongissick only post electro these days.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

HAven't posted here in a while, need to update my brehs on new material that I consider great.

Didn't see it mentioned here, Cormega's new album is the truth.

Love this song, so many true things:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-P6PjIgube8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, Common's "Nobody's Smiling" is my album of the year so far, the production is incredible and he's back to his roots.

A great mixtape to consider is Mick Jenkins - The Waters. I love the feeling it has to it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CoILoIxaZ4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skyzoo and Torae collaborated on an album, the outcome is as good as you'd think, ill beats and rhymes.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5aWWdMBrtA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lecrae - Anomaly is dope, has been mentioned in some threads on here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-5gcX3sIoUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last but not least, JEezy is finally back with a new LP and it's incredible.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wo7QsCom8do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will show some other albums in the next days and weeks.

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

8. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

pu$$y by lupe

waiting on that logic drop 10/21 too

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would've mentioned the Madlib and Mischief albums next, nice taste. :cool:

10. Bob Barker 007

You got that right!

11. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s_u6RCIfe80?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. mhch720

mhch720 Member

Check out the Stolen Youth mixtape by Vince Staples

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GEmml37gOpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He has an EP called Hell Can Wait, was supposed to come out this month, but it got pushed back. He also has Shyne Coldchain Vol. 1 & 2.

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

It's a good song. Really good, actually. He's making me a proud Houstonian. I think it's the best song off his new album Anomaly that's currently number 1 on Billboard.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

New The Game - Blood Moon: Year Of The Wolf album dropped today, really solid and as good as the last one. Production is ill and good features.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iIdvjpPFXdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3lVBfCN_6Zs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Stumbled upon Raz Fresco last week, really good mixtapes and a slight old school vibe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kamj3t99d6U?list=FLdjhdZAhO0vI348s5-g56gg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Upon first listen, Run the Jewels 2 is a step down from the first one. Still an enjoyable album though.

Listening to the new Diamond District album right now, and I'll check out that Logic album a little later.

18. mhch720

mhch720 Member

I disagree, on RTJ half the tracks were skipped, really only the first 3 songs I listened to consistently. On RTJ2 there's a string of 5 songs that bump. Not really impressed with the features, that Gangsta Boo verse is terrible, I don't care what anyone else says about her, terrible imo.

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

I personally didn't skip anything on Run the Jewels, and I certainly didn't think anything was terrible. But I agree with you about Gangsta Boo, that feature is awful. I just don't like that track in general. Probably the worst track that Mike & El-P have ever made together.

20. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TLs3xaUInB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>