1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch Community unites with Grace UMC at the Pumpkin Patch (10/25)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocRouge, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'm sorry to here you can't make it. It just won't be the same without you. :(

2. Roc Paint

Sounds great Plowman! I'm working on November already...trying to get us back into the Star of Hope for a the week of Thanksgiving to serve a turkey dinner/meal for all of the wonderful people there.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Cheetah, do tell. I'm like 90% in on this one. Right across I 10 and my wife is having surgery that Friday morning so I'll have nothing to do that Saturday.

4. RocRouge

RocRouge Contributing Member

I'm intrigued to know the lowdown of KingCheetah's supposed knowledge myself...

Our Clutch Community events always involve charity work to some extent, and this is no exception. And alas, this time, we are able (and have been invited) to bring our kids...for those who have 'em! :) It is a family-friendly event, with some minor support requested to help with set-up/break-down/pumpkin sales/and children activities. (However, please understand the need is not great, and whomever shows up might just be there to 'have fun'...and that is understood and accepted by Grace UMC). Therefore kids are encouraged to join us in this endeavor. And yes, it is a church-themed fundraiser pumpkin festival. I realize some people do not attend this type of "affair", however, it is a legitimate environment where I do NOT see the need to down-talk or even discourage attendance.

Come one, come all. We, as the Clutch Community group will all be accepted and appreciated for our doings.

1 person likes this.
  5. RocRouge

Hello (and almost goodnight) to our special volunteers,

As you all know, our October event is planned for Saturday, 25-October at the Grace Community Methodist Church (Grace UMC) located in the Heights:

Grace UMC
    1245 Heights Blvd
    Houston, TX 77008

We literally just received a response from our contact at Grace UMC regarding our charity event next Saturday! Grace UMC has requested our support at the festival between the hours of 12:00PM to 4:00PM (on 25-Oct-14).

Our duties will consist of the following:

• Making sure people do not sit on the pumpkins
    • Ensuring people do not carry pumpkins by the stem
    • Assisting pumpkin-buyers with loading into their vehicles
    • Monitoring and watching over the kids in the bounce house
    • And lastly, and almost as important, enjoying the beautiful day!!
    We have been informed that the Clutch Community volunteer group are requested to park our vehicles in the parking lot on the Yale Street side of the facility. The church sits off Yale St. and Heights Blvd., between W. 12th St. and W. 13th St. (by the looks, Grace UMC takes up all four corners of one city block).

Thanks again for your interest and participation. We look forward to seeing everyone there! If you are interested in volunteering for this (or future) event(s) and haven't yet signed up, please contact Roc Paint or I so we can add you to our headcount list. We also encourage you to the join the Clutch Community social group by visiting the link in my signature (or within the signatures of Roc Paint and/or benchmoochie).

We truly appreciate your support!

RocRouge

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

of the duties, the third bullet point is the most labor intensive, because I know I'll just jump around the bounce house. ha ha

7. Roc Paint

You can do whatever your little heart desires. :grin:

8. Roc Paint

I just wanted to tell heypartner thank you for his support.
    Still hoping to reserve a spot at the Star of Hope on Thanksgiving Day for all members that can attend.

Heypartner,

thanks guys, again. And for my bday week, I have one more request:

I'd like to say join Roc Paint on Clutch Community.

I'll be in town for thxgiving for whatever Clutch Community has planned Thursday -- thxgiving day. Join us!

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...73&postcount=1

9. Roc Paint

This is all I could get heypartner. I hope the time/date and place works for you.

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for wanting to come back again and serve with us! We are expecting your group to volunteer at the Star of Hope for the following:

Date: November 26th, 2014
    Time: 4:00pm-6:30pm
    Location: Women and Family Emergency Shelter, 419 Dowling, Houston, Tx, 77003 (832-487-1200)
    Project: To assist with preparation, serving and clean-up of dinner.

For any new volunteers please have them watch this video about volunteering in the kitchen before volunteering: http://www.sohmission.org/volunteer-orientation and review the attached
    Thank you for your support of Star of Hope and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Amber Wilmeth
    Volunteer Liaison
    Star of Hope Mission
    713-440-5333
    www.sohmission.org
    Hope For The Homeless - Blog

#29 Roc Paint, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  10. Roc Paint

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Good luck this Saturday. I'll be thinking about y'all while I am running a half marathon in the lovely 50+ degree weather in St. Paul. I'll send something on your behalf for your November event.

12. Roc Paint

We will be thinking about you as well, bobrek. Good luck on the half marathon tomorrow! Thanks for the well wishes.

13. Roc Paint

I've just got one question...where is Plowman, finalsbound, shastarocket, heypartner and Clutch?!?

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, guys. I'm most likely missing Saturday due to business/30 year class reunion.

But, that isn't to say I'm out of Clutch Community by any means...Quite the contrary...I'm all in. This isn't about one or two weekends...It's about growing an idea, a way of being....the way it used to be...Camaraderie and helping others (along with our great city..civic pride)..These are ideals that used to be embraced so much more, but with technology and an emphasis on ONE'S "world"...A disconnect has occurred ....with those PEOPLE around us. There are folks hurting everyday right in front of our eyes.. with the numbers growing exponentially. Why don't we use technology to connect us together so that we might do amazing things that will benefit many. We have a wonderful community here, but, alas, it's a microcosm of society in many ways.

SO, LET THIS BE A CALL TO ARMS !!!

It's a perfect opportunity to strengthen/rally our community here AND abroad....out there, in the world.Let's get to know each other in person....and lend a helping hand to others. Open your hearts/minds....

What Roc Paint and Roc Rouge started has legs....It's happening with or without ClutchCity/Clutchfans....The links to the right organizations and people have been/are being established.

Get in on the ground level and join us.

I'll see you in November.

15. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I really wanted to go to this, but it looks like we are headed out to College Station early Saturday morning for a preaching appointment on Sunday.

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

This is legit. Looking forward to this also. But shouldn't this be on Thanksgiving, Thursday the 27th? or do they do it one day before there?

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

We are running about one hour behind, but we are on our way. Can't wait to see everyone, do some good and have some fun as well. See you shortly!

18. RocRouge

Roc Paint tried to secure Thanksgiving Day for our November event, however, the Star of Hope has a special activity planned for their group that day. They are hosting an offsite event for the men, women and families of SoH on 27-November, shuttling them to a church for gospel, prayers and feast...and they have already secured the volunteers required for this particular endeavor. Therefore, our Clutch Community support was requested the day before Thanksgiving at the Women and Family Emergency Shelter, and we jumped on it.

Hope you can make it out!

19. RocRouge

We are looking forward to seeing everyone this afternoon from 12:00PM to 4:00PM (10/25) at:

Grace UMC
    1245 Heights Blvd
    Houston, TX 77008

Our duties will consist of:
    1) Making sure people do not sit on the pumpkins
    2) Ensuring people do not carry pumpkins by the stem
    3) Assisting pumpkin-buyers with loading into their vehicles
    4) Monitoring and watching over the kids in the bounce house
    5) And lastly, and almost as important, enjoying the beautiful day!!

Please park your vehicle in the parking lot on the Yale Street side of the facility. The church sits off Yale St. and Heights Blvd., between W. 12th and W. 13th.

See y'all soon! Thanks for volunteering.

20. Roc Paint

What a beautiful day in Houston,Tx. Let's go have some fun!