1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Has the street finally turned on AMZN?

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I know right? remember when it would lose top line but flat on eps and still be bought up think those days are over. if it breaks 275 it goes to 265, 255 channel

if amzn does indeed get bought up here then it would go to 293-303 I think. I want to put it but I haven't had the greatest success with amzn historically so may avoid

#7442 benchmoochie, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Solid company. I expect good things from them in the future.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I ended up ok on the trade but I was really kicking myself for not covering more on that push lower in the morning.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Hope it continues to recover but that chart scares me.

6. benchmoochie

Glad to hear it! I was looking for a spx 1953 handle to unload my IWM puts I had. I could have unloaded them yesterday for about 10c less.

I had kind of a frustrating day. One of those days when you sell your trade you're up a unit, but If you hold another 5 mins it's either down 1/2 or up 1/2+. Seems like every time I sold today it was up 1/2 or more. can't complain. Just thought that was odd.

GPRO- Seems to have a breakdown to 70. I thought the ceiling was 85 but missed it on Wednesday. Again today I tried to limit into the 74p for 60c but it didn't fill and ran' I didn't want to chase it. 5 min later was at 70+ Boom.

***What your feelings about GPRO? - it reports 10/30 after market. it will be a good trade that Friday expiration 10/31 for sure!

7. benchmoochie

it's solid but short term when spx is pushing to 1970 and it yelp doesn't cross 60, then that could be a problem near term. And yes that chart is a little scary for me too. I still expect it to test that April low of 52.50 before it has some rebound. But if you scaled in at 57 on some equity, then should be ok.

I purely trade options, so my view is different and short sighted at times on these negative earnings stocks.

8. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I'm looking for a small sell off at the beginning of next week and then some buying later in the week to come and test this weeks high. If that does happen I'll be looking to see if it fails to break that high and if it doesn't I'd expect a big dump in two weeks. I loaded up on some UVXY today to try to profit off of a small sell off at the beginning of next week. Let's see how she goes.

9. benchmoochie

I think the spx will run to 1966-1970, where they may be some headwinds back to 1953. or 1926

#7449 benchmoochie, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  10. benchmoochie

No new lows on VIX while the market was ripping to upside tells me that downside is possibility. That being said if we close above 1970 on the spx, then it may be a straight shot to spx 2041.

Also will be interesting with Fed notes out on Wed.

#7450 benchmoochie, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

crude cracking today.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Shorted some Gold at 1230.

13. benchmoochie

pretty good call on what happened. Too bad I don't trade futures I could have gotten some good burn on the overnight retrace.

I think will have to wait till after fed to get a bigger move. spx in this 1951 to 1963ish range.

I went short on iwm at 110.90 but its a slow burn of torture.

14. benchmoochie

FB vol screener: 14K contracts traded on the FB $100 calls expire dec 2014 @ 23c. Even if FB goes to $90 after earnings, this contract will be around $1.00-$1.20. if it goes to $100 then around $3-4.

I just thought that was interesting since analysts been calling for $90-95 all year on FB

15. benchmoochie

the gold future contracts?

16. Mr. Brightside

yep, the Gold Comex futures. That's my day job.

17. benchmoochie

very nice. for yourself or a firm?

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Opinions on tsla? I caught it short when that rumor/news of their September sales being down big and the stock proceeded to break down and look like crap all day. I feel like there is still a lot of meat left on the bone with this trade. I guess we will see what tomorrow brings but I was just curious what other opinions were.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i've been following tesla for a while now. as far as the stock price goes, it's overvalued and highly volatile. a lot of the upside has already been priced in, and it is highly sensitive to any news that comes out. it has a lot of upside, but also a lot of downside.

the gigafactory is going to open up a lot of doors for tesla, but that's not going to be available for a while. right now the struggle is to increase sales of their current models, but there has been a lot of lobbying against tesla's direct sales model from the traditional car companies to restrict tesla's sales as much as possible, which in my opinion lead to tesla's poor sales numbers this quarter. i read that half of the US is unable to buy a tesla due to states not allowing their direct sales model.

i'd say it's a strong long-term play, but due to how strongly it reacts to news on a daily basis it's hard to predict where it's going in the short-term. for example the stock was doing great when it was up at 270, then in an interview their ceo said he thought the price was a little high. next day it drops 10% and has been dropping to where it is now. any short-term play on this stock is purely speculative, either shorts or long.

20. Mr. Brightside

I worked for a small boutique investment firm (200M AUM) on their metals desk for my early start, but now I work for a private foreign individual trading his portfolio full time. The upside of this gig is I get to live anywhere I want to and trade remotely. I only trade metals and some select currency futures.