1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Middle-Earth : Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Oct 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Did I miss a thread on this? If so, are any of you playing this game? I can't believe I just bought this game on Steam without even knowing what it's about. The freaking thing was a 34 gig download. It's got a 6 GB "ultra" texture pack ... I'm buying a new video card just for this game that still won't have that much memory. lol.

Anywho, it seems to be getting good-to-great reviews.

https://www.shadowofmordor.com/

2. Convictedstupid

I don't play video games really but I think I'm going to buy this one.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

no co-op= no buy

dont care how good it looks

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is it an RPG? I've been desperate for a good RPG to dive into. Haven't played a good one since Skyrim.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I think it's supposed to be Batman Arkham Asylum but... you know, with Hobbits.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sort of a mix between Batman Arkham Asylum and the Assassin's Creed games IMO.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It looks really boring and repetitive, like Batman/Assasin's Creed.

8. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Have you tried playing The Witcher 1 & 2 already?

OT: As someone already mentioned, the gameplay looks very repetitive. The fatality scenes look cool though.

1 person likes this.
  9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

The Witcher games are great (but older than Skyrim). Just a couple more months for the Witcher 3: the wild hunt.

On the game in the OP. I am waiting for it to be sold with a huge discount. It looks nie, but I expect it will bore my pretty easily (which also happened with the AC games).

10. ashiin

ashiin Member

Already finished the story within 16 hours with no artifacts and one weapon legend completed. It was really fun and I had a hard time putting my controller down. A little short but it was what I expected after reading the reviews and just wanted something to hold me off while I was bored of LoL/Archeage and waiting for NBA 2k15.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I like the game. I just can't seem to kills the bad guys so they don't come back. At times I think I'm down to 5, jump down, and there like 15 Mothers down there.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

check out lords of the fallen. comes out the 28th, definitely going to be buying that.

1 person likes this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wait until Dragon Age: Inquisition.

1 person likes this.
  14. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Yea I like this game a lot actually. I get caught up in all the side activities so that makes it repetitive. I need to continue more with the main story.

I like the RPG elements but its not too much to where spend more time doing upgrades and navigating screens than actually playing. It looks gorgeous too

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Probably get during the various black friday sales along with some other games I've had my eye on.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Thank you for the feedback, everybody. Will have to check those out that y'all mentioned. Repped.