1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Easily. Everyone should watch this

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

A Million Ways to Die in the West - 3.8

decent comedic scenes but overall a terrible movie

3. ths balla

ths balla Member

Watched Scarface for the first time, I am 27 and yes I am very ashamed it took me so long.

Would give it a 7.5/10, at times Al Pacino's Cuban accent was downright atrocious but I was engaged throughout the whole movie.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I tried to watch this on hbogo yesterday, couldn't even make it all the way through. Really boring

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

I recently got through the Samurai Trilogy. The Twilight Samurai, The Hidden Blade, & Love & Honor. The films are simple, yet enjoyable. The first one could've been a kids' movie with a few small changes. The last one was more of an old school melodrama which isn't my thing.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've always thought it was overrated, but it's still a fun watch just for the shock value.

Next, you need to check out De Niro in Taxi Driver. If you haven't already.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dumb and Dumber To : 4 / 10

Not as horrible as I expected, a decent effort to respect the original.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Exodus: Gods and Kings - 4/10

Didn't really feel it. Moses is a stubborn atheist, turned agnostic, turned believer. In this movie, he's more of a disgraced rogue general than a prophet. I think with these recent "religious" movies, they try to portray a man with today's mindset to the historical past. Anyway... the movie was boring.

Dracula Untold - 2/10

Should be Dracula Unreleased.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Neighbors - 3/10

Pretty much like every other Seth Rogan movie. Seen one, seem 'em all.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

It follows 5/10

"Horror movie" the only horror I saw was how "horrorable" this movie actually was. It was a good idea, original plot, just not very sound. Left me with a lot or questions, more ancy moments than scary moments. Watch at your own discretion

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

robert deniero party tho...

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief - 8.5/10

Thought about starting a thread but just posting here. Crazy documentary. Scientology dudes be crazy.

13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

The Imitation Game - 6.5/10

It's an okay movie. The last 15 minutes kind of sucked, though.

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Interstellar, 10 out of 10.
    My favorite movie of last year... I've seen it six times or so thus far. NOTE: I am a space geek being a child of the 80s, and Christopher Nolan can do no wrong in my eyes - so I'm probably highly biased.

Exodus Gods and Kings, 7 out of 10.
    Not sure why the movie got so much hate or bad reviews, I thought it was a pretty good period piece with epic battles and decent acting regardless of your thoughts or feelings on the source materials. It is easily worth a watch/rent in my opinion.

Going Clear, 9 out of 10.
    It would have been a 10 out of 10 but they left out some key atrocities. I've studied up on Scientology for years after John Sweeney's BBC expose in 2007, and while Going Clear mentioned a lot of them, they should have had a little less b****ing from the likes of Jason Beghe and talked about things like Shelly Miscavige, Kyle Thomas Brennan, Elli Perkins, Josephus Havenith, Lisa McPherson and others .

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Kickass 2

Enjoyable but not on the same level as the first. And while the first was hyper violent, this one seemed a bit over the top and too comical.

6/10

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Garbage/10

So, so bad. Whalberg was supposed to be from Texas but didn't even try to hide his Philly accent. Nikola Peltz is so bad that you long for the acting prowess of Megan Fox. Movie could have easily been an hour shorter and we wouldn't have missed a thing.

But I'm sure it was a good payday for all involved. It came on a movie channel (EPIX) and I was sick so I figured, why not.

17. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Kingsman - 9.5/10

Definitely one of the most enjoyable 'spy' movies I've ever seen. I expected this movie to suck HARD when I watched the trailer but boy was I wrong. I certainly hope they make a sequel.

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I think people didn't like the fact that the movie took random liberties with the book of Exodus, which really doesn't need any changing to be exciting/tense/dramatic. And, the fact that God is depicted as a child is somewhat offensive.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Now you know why not!

Dreadful movie.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm a slow learner when it comes to Transformers movies.

The first movie I thought was OK; or, at least, better than the crap I had expected. It was cool seeing the Transformers on-screen, America wasn't yet sick of Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox didn't get her face ruined with plastic surgery yet. Not a good film, but for what it was, I thought it was OK.

So when the second one came out I was hopeful it could improve upon the first and possibly be a good movie. Maybe? Yes? But no, it wasn't. It was so bad as to be insulting to its audience. So, I then swore off all Transformers films that Michael Bay was apart of for the rest of my life.

So then the third was about to come out. I said to all, "It will suck. Not gonna see it. You're an idiot if you even watch it." And I was not going to watch the movie (in theaters) for any reason. Nope. Not. Gonna. Happen.

But then I saw the trailer for it, and gotdammit it got me interested. The score was great and when Sam yells for Optimus and he comes down with f***ing jet wings and just spinning and wrecking s*** I was like, "Hmmm... that was badass... maybe I should consider maybe seeing it?" I mean really, watch this trailer from 1:00 until the end and tell me it doesn't look interesting (if you ignore the previous Transformer films and ignore that Michael Bay is a part of it):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kHRf01Gjosk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHRf01Gjosk
    And I also read Shia admitting he gave a poor effort in the 2nd and saying that the 3rd would be a better film all-around. Megan Fox was out and I thought this would be the final Transformers film, and I hoped that would make them more motivated to make it good.

But when I went to see the movie I realized very early on that it was of course just as bad as the second one, if not worse. Leaving the theater I realized I had already forgotten most of what happened in the movie. It was so bad that 10 minutes after the credits started rolling my brain had completely purged it.

(Probably the worst part about me seeing the third film is that I dragged my then-gf (now-wife) to it... on her birthday. I could tell she wasn't far from dumping me. All those within a half-mile radius could feel just how done she was with me. Fortunately for me I was able to hang on until cooler heads prevailed.)

And then we get to yesterday, where I had been vomiting and diarrheaing for the entire night before and I was weak and just starting my recovery. I had to lay in bed and needed something to do. Transformers 4 was on and it was 3 hours long so I went ahead and gave it a go. It was garbage, yes, but I had no delusions that it would be anything but garbage while watching it so I wasn't let down.

There will be more Transformers movies, no doubt, and eventually, when the right situation presents itself (like it did yesterday) I will probably watch those too. And they will suck. And after watching them I will say they sucked. It may not make sense but it is what will happen.