1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

Skrtel charged by the FA for his stamp on De Gea at the end of the match.

2. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

I kinda disagree. I think he's our top talent at the moment. The one thing that has kinda been missing is consistency. He sometimes disappears a little bit. However, compared to last year he's a notch above that. I think he'll definitely leave this summer and I think that he has the potential to add value right from the start with a top team in Europe. He's definitely more talented than Huntelaar and Kuijt - we don't even need to discuss Kezman.

I like his tool set. He's quick, powerful, tricky, and his shot is nasty. If he stays focused he should become one of our top players for the next few years. I'm placing a lot of hope on this guy, hope he can live up to the potential.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I agree that he is our top talent, but I do not see him succeeding at a top team (atleast not next year). I do not think he is as dominant as Affelay, Hunterlaar or Suarez were in their last year at the eredivision.

He might become our next great player. But for some reason I am afraid he will become to arrogant and not put in the work. But that is based on nothing but my gut feeling.

However I have to say I haven't seen much of him the last couple of months so maybe he has grown as a player since then. Also I tought Suarez would fail at Liverpool, so Maybe I am to sceptical of players who play weel in the eredivision.

So for the nondutch supporters I would regard Ace's opinion a bit higher than mine, since I have not seen that much of him this year.

4. arno_ed

Ace. Are you hapy with Gio as our next coach? I am happy that after de boer and cocu feyenoord also get a mr feyenoord as coach

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Atletico just extended Simeone's contract til 2020, knew those Man City rumours were complete rubbish.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Great news, Daniel Sturridge is out for another month after a hip injury from the ManU game. This is probably the nail on the coffin for Sturridge. Breh will never be reliable and should be replaced in the summer. He has all the talents, but can't do much when you're made from pieces of broken glass.

I can't wait till we get Origi on our squad and at least 2 more strikers.

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Big blow to our top 4 and FA Cup hopes

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Harry Kane looks real good right now... I wonder if LCF can take him off Tottenham this summer. That Sterling lob to Kane vs Lithuania looks like a legit partnership for the next decade.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Harry Kane is so hot right now. He's gone from like 72 to 79 on Fifa.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-aJ2yr4ZT6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. arno_ed

Really. We are losing to turkey???

12. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Absolutely horrendous. Can't believe it. I thought the Hiddink appointment was crap from day 1, but wasn't expecting this. Of course the players need to step up as well... this is beyond depressing. Looks like we won't be qualifying.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I wouldn't say that. Pair Sterling with Balo. Sturridge wasn't the reason why we were in good form the past month or two.

14. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

At least Sneijder/Huntelaar managed to give us some hope. Now we're in third place - if we hadn't managed that equaliser, we would have been fourth (!) halfway through the qualifiers. It will still be tough going to Turkey, but at least our matches against Iceland and the Czechs are at home.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Balo is unreliable tbh. He can suck somewhere else after this season. His contributions (or lack-thereof) this season doesn't warrant another season at Anfield, considering how cancerous he can be to the team.

Unfortunately I think Sterling might leave too with the type of money other clubs are gonna be throwing at him.

Seriously, Rodgers and Co. really need to go and spend money on a REAL SUPERSTAR. None of that "potential" and "moneyball" bullschitte that Henry wants to run.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think he was part of the reason even though he wasn't fully fit or in his best form.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn... Liverpool just got raped. Like badly.

My head can explode just thinking about who to blame. So many variables.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ya should let Sterling move to a better club, feel sad for him. Maybe Bayern. :cool:

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Sell Sterling. He doesn't wanna be there. But sell him at a ridiculous price and use that money to get a real player. No 3-4 players with potential... which usually translates to potential to fail.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member