1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would be past lotto pick elections now?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by boville, Dec 4, 2001.

1. boville

boville Member

well, season is advancing and we can make an early ratings:

In my opinion:

#1 Wizards would take now:pau Gasol (talented like kwame (at least) but more ready for NBA actually), I think this guy is the next KG. AAn socorer to help MJ.

#2 Clippers would take now:who bull wants for trade for Brand (great business fo LAC)

#3 Atlanta would take now: Jamaal Tinsley (they need a playmaker desperately and this guy looks awesome)

#4 Bulls would take now:Eddy Curry again (based on potential) but would trade with LAC for reach Kwame this time.

#5 GSW would take now:still with Jason Richardson

#6 Memphis would take now: still with battier (will be a solid pro)

#7 Nets would take now: Griffin (but without trade with Rockets, they dont need it)

#8 Cavs would take: Joe Johnson (height and versatility) and would pray for an Ilgauskas healthy

#9 Pistons would take:Still Rodney White (they are working well now and DONT WANT BREAK THIS CHEMISTRY.

#10 Celtics woul take: Tony Parker (finally a good PG for them!!)

#11 Celts would take: Brendan Haywood (his other great weakness)

#12 Sonics would take now: Jefferson to replace Baker in a couple of years , (maybe more quickly)

#13 Rockets would take : Chandler , this guy can have future (really dont care who rockets picks, with Rudy a rookie cant play enough minutes to develop actually)

any thoughs? your own list maybe?

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Hola boville - como estas?

Did you create this post because you wanted to brag about how you "discovered" Pau? :)

I like most of your logic but did you really intend that Seattle would replace Baker with Richard Jefferson?

Houston fans get to see a lot of Parker. He is doing well, but perhaps this is a big jump from 28 or 29 to 10. He is rather small so maybe we should wait until about 50 games to see how he holds up to the long schedule.

I am somewhat satisfied at this point with EG, but the Nets would probably still trade 3 for 1. It has worked for both teams. IMO, if both Griffin and Chandler were available I think the Rocks would take Griffin.

Una pregunta para ti.

The Rockets need a center. Someone who can either pass well (like Divac) or is very physical in the paint. Have you seen any propects?

#2 GATER, Dec 4, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2001
  3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Gasol is the next KG? You mean Kendall Gill? Certainly you didn't mean Garnett. I haven't seen enough of Gasol, but I'm not sure he's as athletic enough to be a KG type player.

He's doing well though.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sometimes understand Boville post. As Spain poster, his favorite believe is Pau. Last lotto pick election day, before that, boville like us as Rockets thinking Pau like selection in the election, no reach as Griffin.

Grizzlie pick Pau more better. But, boville no pick Grizzlie BBS more better for hearing Pau games and boxes. As season advancing, meesa thinks no know why boville binks likus us still.

5. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

huh?:)

6. boville

boville Member

to crispee:

I think you are trying to say me why i´m in this page yet.

Easy, rockets are my team (celts & Rockets are my favourite teams from 1986 finals)

My collaboration here wasn´t eventual, I LIKE THIS SITE!

:)

7. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It sure is funny to make fun of foreigners, huh?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No actually, I'm trying to be a classless punk. ;)

Nevermind me, it is my revenge against all sports fans in Europe who thought it necessary to patronize me about American sports, while I politely nodded as they explained how Americans could never love soccer, yet they know basketball like us. You are just an innocent victim of my need to exact revenge for all us Children of the Corn. Oh, and this reminds me, Detlef Schrempf sucks!

So, quick test: Do you remember who Ralph Sampson punched in that '86 series?

9. boville

boville Member

Of course, was Jerry Sichting, the 7th celts man (behind Bill Walton)

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

#1 Gascol - I almost agree with it, Collins really needs to decide if Brown is a 4 or a 3. Battier would also be a great help now, the question is are the wiz building for winning 30 games with jordan or long term success, when he is gone, Brown might still pay off.

#2, 4, 5, 6, 9 - Agree

#3 Atlanta couldn't take Tinsley, remember they traded this pick for Shareef and the Grizz took Pau, which they would do again.

#7 Nets- Griffin but not trade him, K-Mart and KVH are playing great so he wouldn't get minutes here either. Both Jefferson and Armstrong have played well so far and even Collins has been ok. I think they are happy with things, they needed healthy young bodies.

#8 Cavs - Agree Joe Johnson might have been better, but Diop still might pay off, Rod White have been great for them aswell.

#10 &11 Celts- Johnson will be good, Tinsley would have been sensational for the Celts, Chandler might have helped, Haywood is better ready to play now, but offensively he is hopeless and probably won't get that much better.

#12 - Radman still might pay off, needs minutes

#13 - Rockets - Grifffin still might have a big pay off one day

11. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Not quite as athletic as Garnett was his rookie year, but still a very good athlete.

Great hops and quickness.

Not the prototypical European big man at all...

12. Trader Dan

Trader Dan Member

I just felt this thread was sooo obvious so here we go...:eek:

1 Wizards
    Gasol – euro-skills, US-’tude!:confused:
    2 Clippers, still picking for the Bulls
    Brown – potential, potential.
    3 Hawks
    Tinsley – need over talent, even though he looks pretty good long-term too.
    4 Bulls
    Curry – the big gymnast is actually producing some in limited minutes.
    5 Warriors
    Chandler – still considered superstar material
    6 Grizzlies
    Richardson – no Battier here. They still go for high-lights over production.
    7 Nets
    Battier – they wanna win now and they like four-year guys.
    8 Cavs
    Griffin – he’d be a nice complement to Miller and the Z-ghost.
    9 Pistons
    White – seems like they like him, despite limited minutes.
    10 Celtics
    Johnson – rookie wall after three weeks? Is that a new record?:rolleyes:
    11 Celtics
    Parker – finally would get the point-guard they need.
    12 Sonics
    Jefferson – another one of those swingmen they seem to like.
    13 – Rockets
    Murphy – too much quickness for the Laimbeer-comparisons. Would look good in pin-stripes.

That's it (and I'm really not as tough as I
    sound)

:cool:

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

#3 wasn't hawks they already traded it for Shareef