1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rant Sports] James Harden Needs To Improve His Relationship With Media by*John Raffel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LoyalRocket, Mar 18, 2013.

1. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/03/18/james-harden-needs-to-improve-his-relationship-with-media/

James Harden*has to realize that along with his fame comes responsibilities and he needs to be willing to share his thoughts with the media after every*NBA*game, not just when he feels like it.Sunday was obviously a bad night for Harden’s*Houston Rockets*in a 108-78 loss to the*Golden State Warriors.Harden didn’t have that bad of a night with 21 points, eight assists and three steals. It’s not that type of game that matches some of the stats Harden is capable of recording although it still wasn’t that bad of an effort. He’s averaging 26 points a game and shooting 45 percent from the floor. His shooting from the floor was off with a 6-of-16 performance.But those nights will happen.But when the game was completed, Harden made a point to get out of the locker room before it was open to the media. That way, he didn’t have to explain his team’s 30-point loss, but instead let other players take care of it.Harden is obviously a celebrity with enormous talent who needs to make himself available at all times. He’s a highly sought after athlete, and it’s natural for reporters to pose at least a few questions to him after every game. He can be as low key as he wants in answering questions and then take off. His performance in the locker room after Sunday’s game didn’t put him in a positive light.It’s not difficult for Harden to tell reporters, similar to what other teammates did, that quite simply, it was a poor effort and one the team can forget about and recover from with victories in future games.But instead, Harden took the easy and lazy way out and left the locker room early. It says plenty about him on and off the court.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I kind of agree

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL

He's there literally every game. This was literally the one time he was too frustrated and left early. Not to mention the tons of other times players have snubbed the media, this dude acts like Harden is the lone dude to spur the media....

I love media overreactions

4. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Yeah i can see where he is coming from a professional stand point....but i guess it just must have been one of those games for Harden.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm perfectly fine with him missing the media after a tough loss like this.... Maybe he was so frustrated he didn't wasn't to get caught up and say something controversial...

As long as it doesn't happen often i don't see the problem... If anything this prices to me and shows that losing (especially like gsw blowout) bothers him enormously, and speaks highly of his competitiveness...

6. jocar

jocar Member

Lmfao, these guys count as sports writers?
    http://www.rantsports.com/nba/author/johnraffel/

The "Senior writers" look and "write" like middle school skater boys.
    Great and enlightening find. And thread worthy too! Our resident Harden haters are 100x more articulate than these kids.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Maybe he was in a bad mood and didn't want to say anything he would regret.

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

This sounds like the writer just copied and pasted a post from this forum.

9. instar

instar Member

He said himself as a low-key kinda guy. this is not surprising how he response to media. I think he did this before on the road too. I couldn't care less what kind of person he is off the court unless he's cancer in the locker room or hurts people.

10. Habs

Habs Member

11. sean joh

sean joh Member

this is why I question about his leadership capability .....and this is not the first time......not good

12. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

as the saying goes, if you don't have anything good to say... say nothing at all...

13. ngazi

ngazi Member

The interviews after this game weren't that interesting and Harden would have probably been more of the same.

14. Code Red

Code Red Member

[​IMG]

WHO CARES!

15. Code Red

Code Red Member

16. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

Lucky we have human controversy machine (for no good reason) Jeremy Lin around to suck up most of that don't we? and another human controversy machine (for very good reasons) Royce White in the waiting ;)

17. Code Red

Code Red Member

18. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I'm fine with it. Sometimes in sports jumping out of character causes others to step up and play better. This team relies on Harden to bring it every night and that can be hard on youngster that is growing into the role of leader and superstar. He is going to make some mistakes and going to have some bad nights. I like the reaction let's me know he wants to WIN.

19. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

This happens one time.. He's there every other game.

How can people use this as evidence against his leadership?
    a) he is always producing for us
    b) he is 99.9% of the time willing to talk to the media after a game regardless of result
    c) We have a leadership group who are more than capable of picking up the slack when a person is out
    d) he's only 23 with 4 years in the league.. What more do you expect from the kid?

This is just butthurt reporting

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Not a playoff game n we got our butts handed to us. What is there to talk about to the media? Wipe the slate clean and move on to the next game.