1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade 14th Pick and...

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RealContender, May 30, 2012.

1. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Would any of you be interested in trading the 14th pick, Chase Budinger, Patrick Patterson and a 2014 1st Round pick to Detroit for Rodney Stuckey?

He'd make an excellent 2 alongside Dragic.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

4. jvu

jvu Member

Only if it included Greg Monroe!

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Joke?

You can get potentially better players than Stuckey in this year's draft at 14.

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

Wow you guys are seriously underrating Stuckey. He was injured to start the season, and ended the season banged up. However, he really stepped his game up this year while he was healthy. He had a long stretch where he was shouldering the scoring load and doing it very efficiently. He was mentioned among those vying for MIP. Turns out the 2 guard is definitely his natural position. To add to that, he was said to have gotten therapy and made a change in his attitude and really improved his game. I know Greg Monroe has a ton of potential and was good this year, but I would go on a limb and say that Stuckey was just as important to the Pistons this year when he was on the court. He's becoming a really good two way player and he's due for a huge breakout year if he can stay healthy.

Don't know if the Piston's would actually trade him though....

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trade 3 first round picks and a second for Stuckey?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Sign me up for that! Also, have the Pistons given up on Daye? Maybe we throw Morris in for him.

10. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

YES I DON'T WANT THE 14th PICK 3 YEARS IN A ROW!!!

But not for this guy.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was about to tell you that this should be in the Random Trade thread, but i don't want to ruin that thread with this garbage.:p

12. Mariachi ROCKET

Do anyhting, just make a move to make a move. F it!

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

14. King901

King901 Member

wtf...No. Stuckey isn't that great. He'll never be a star.

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

Didn't see the future 1st. Changed my mind, thats a little steep. Stuckey has really gotten better though. If he stays healthy, he will have a good chance at a breakout year. His numbers were very good for a stretch this year when he wasn't battling injuries.

16. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

If I'm trading two 1st round picks along with Patterson who was a 1st rounder I better be getting more then Stuckey. Nothing else on the Pistons that I would want besides Monroe, but there not shipping him.

For a package of 2 1's Patterson and Budinger, I would expect a return around the order of Tyreke Evans. If the Kings would throw in there 5th pick this year for us adding Lowrey I make that move in a second as well. Then I look towards Drummond and Gilchrist in that order. Also, with Evans on board, we would have to look to trade Martin. I would try to package Martin and our #16 pick to move into the 9-12 range and draft Lillard. With these moves we would look like this:

Dragic/Lillard
    Evans/Lee
    Parsons/Morris
    Scola/D Mo
    Drummond/Camby or Dalembert

I also see the oppertunity to play Lillard, Dragic and Evans together and increase our scoring output.

17. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Tyreke Evans is well above Stuckey on my Trade Wish List, but would Sacramento trade him for anything we'd have to offer? I'm not sure they would. Could be wrong though.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Not sure if serious..?

19. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I wouldn't have spent time posting it if I wasn't.

If you have a constructive comment, I'd love to hear it.

20. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Not sure if the Kings woould move him. I read somewhere on this site that on Kings message boards there is talk of moving him. It's not that I don't think Stuckey is a good player (he actually impressed me this past season) I just think what you proposed as compensation for Stuckey is too much from the Rockets end. For that package I think a player like Evans fits the bill and makes it a even trade.

I also don't see the Pistons moving Stuckey. I think they like there Knight/Stuckey backcourt with Monroe in the middle. I could see them trying to move Gordon, Prince and Villanueva though. But with the money Gordon and Villanueva make I can't see the, getting much in return and same goes for Prince who is also getting up there in age.