1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I really dislike Parsons for how he Boozered the Rockets...I hope Lin & Asik do well, but as much as I hate to say it, I hope Parsons stinks it up real bad.

Make Cuban & Dirk regret every penny they spend on pretty boy.

2. jayland

jayland Member

Chandler played better than Lebron tonight.

3. JazzLakerHater

Kenny Smith: The Dallas Mavericks will be playing at the end of May. Man f**k Kennyvand f**k the Mavs.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

dirk had 21 on 13 shots

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He should've got the Dallas Max...or taken Morey's offer, he deserves it.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There was some major slurpage going on as Dallas best up on a bad team on the 2nd night of a b2b.

They were acting like they beat the dream team or something.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's all good: build up those expectations and see how it goes with Monta getting fewer shots during a contract year, and another player wanting a larger... portion.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the worst part about being hyped up is opponents get themselves up for you, the Allas Mavericks will score lots of points, and thats great for viewing, so will their opponents, and thats also great for viewing.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Wow....!!!! That was super corny...

10. Remii

Remii Member

Monta only played 29 minutes last night. He took 21 shots in the 1st game when they played SA when he played 37 minutes. I don't think Monta is going to have a problem getting his shots... Heck, it's Monta.

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Monta won't complain. He is a much different player than I expected when the Mavs acquired him. He never says anything, just plays ball. First couple weeks with the Mavs he was close to the league lead in assists....Carlisle had to talk him into shooting more.

But, everyone in Houston should appreciate this: (not sure if this is somewhere else in the 51 pages of comments): Dirk's dinner is always on Parsons.

"Parsons doesn’t need to be reminded that his three-year, $46 million deal with the Dallas Mavericks was made possible after Dirk Nowitzki agreed to a massive hometown discount, a three-year, $25 million deal that is less than half the market value for the future Hall of Famer. But just in case, the big German has made a sarcastic demand of his new teammate.

"I told him every dinner on the road this year is on him," Nowitzki told ESPNDallas.com over the weekend, "because it's my money anyway."

LOLOLOL! And so true!

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Screw you Chandler, "Left Houston so easily..."

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Monta is a funny case, he's still a chucker but it was so bad in the past, it's considered a major improvement, but it's also similar to Westbrook, where the gross inefficiency is shielded by Durant (only without the ability to explode for 25 in a quarter)

14. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I wonder how quickly those highlights were played on SportsCenter. I was watching for 20 minutes the night of the Jazz-Rox game and there absolutely no highlights of that game.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Mav's might be a better or equal team to the Rox depending on who is getting screwed on the calls that night.

16. newAge_Rockets

Honestly, I could care less how Parsons plays in Dallas anymore or whatever his next insult is. Our small forward rotation of Ariza and KPap gives us 48 minutes of good three point shooting and great defense. Also, both Ariza and Pap play within themselves rather than try to take over stretches of games with ill advised shots and isolations. Why dwell on the past, when the future is brighter? We got a great SF rotation with the potential to still upgrade our team. That's the Morey way.

Screw all the hate from there media, this Rockets team is gonna be 3rd in their west when it's all said and done.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Great post. If they can keep the two small forwards and maybe a miracle and keep jones also while upgrading the point guard and I truly think they have as good a chance as the cavs/spurs/thunder/clippers

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

He's right

19. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Yes, but you still wish Rockets had something like this

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

How about a $20 tip jar bet? On the plus side, if you're right you'll also be a contributing member and have the ability to edit your posts.